705NAS Gazelle colours

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
The Gazelle Squadron

705NAS Gazelle colours

Post by The Gazelle Squadron »

Hi all,

We're currently building a 1:1 scale, fully flyable, 100% accurate Gazelle model ( :whistle: ) in the colours of 705NAS Fleet Air Arm, and are having a few issues making sure we have the colours exactly right.

We know that the colours used were Signal Red (BS381C-537) and "a gloss white", but we're unsure exactly what this gloss white colour is, does anyone know if it has a BC381C number please?

Furthermore, the "Sharks" logo is a gloss black, but again, the exact colour is unknown - anyone?

Thanks!
The Gazelle Squadron Display Team
Twitter | Facebook

DerekF

Re: 705NAS Gazelle colours

Post by DerekF »

The black is BS381C:642 Night but the white? I can't find a BS 381 reference for it.

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

I suspect gloss white is gloss white whatever colur standard you use. I also found no BS code for white, but the American Federal Standard system has it listed as FS 17875. I'm sure that would do the job :cool:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

st24

Post by st24 »

Sounds great but go back further and do a dayglo one with a smart black fin with red shark! :drool:

You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

st24 wrote:Sounds great but go back further and do a dayglo one with a smart black fin with red shark! :drool:

Oh my goodness, yes!!!! :love:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Seamus wrote:I suspect gloss white is gloss white whatever colur standard you use. I also found no BS code for white, but the American Federal Standard system has it listed as FS 17875. I'm sure that would do the job :cool:

The one I've seen quoted is FS 17925 as untinted white. I've no idea what the difference is.