Revell 1:48 Beech C-45-WIP

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
farnboroughrob

Revell 1:48 Beech C-45-WIP

Post by farnboroughrob »

This is my early summer modeling project and will progress quicker if we have rubbish weather in April/may! Couldn't resist a Beech 18, being a propliner nut, built one in 1/72 a long time ago and great to see one in 1/48. Looks like a nice detailed interior, although the seats look fiddly. Will probably go for the OOB USAF scheme, although will look to see if any 1950's USN decals are around for the red and white scheme of that era? Anyway, the box shot just before I primed it with halfords primer.

DerekF

Re: Revell 1:48 Beech C-45-WIP

Post by DerekF »

Looks an interesting kit. Do you primer before assembly?

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi yes, I always prime the whole lot on the sprue, just seems easier that way. Have just started painting some of the interior parts on the sprue tonight.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Time for a update, its a bit of a pig! The wing area is straightforward, unusually the interior sits on top of the wing. The fuselage is difficult to get right. Because there is very little in the bottom lining it us is a right pain. The area above the windscreen is the worse, it took three attempts to get right. Next is finish off the filling and sanding. I will then be faced with mating the fuselage and wing. I have done a dry fit,which is a very tight find and will require lots of jiggling, and no doubt swearing!

Daz

Post by Daz »

Excellent progress. I'm watching with interest as I'm itching to do a Canadian one.
Proud Grandson of an Avro Shackleton "boy"

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

Looks like a lot of work and perseverance will be needed.

Robin

Post by Robin »

Hi Rob.

You seem to be progressing well. I am in the middle of my build at present, struggling with the undercarriage at the moment, must say that the instructions leave much to be desired, not very clear on various stages. I did have a go at putting the fuselage together, but had to resort to putting 'tabs' on the two halves as there is a little warpage, just waiting for them to set. Will be watching your progress to see if I can pick up some hints.

Robin
Per Ardua ad Astra

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi Robin I have forgot about the undercarriage. The Framework holding the engine and under cart looks impressive, but is completely hidden. I had problems with the instructions too, so made it up as I went along one I realized it was mostly hidden.