A-10A Thunderbolt II - 1/32 Scale Trumpeter with extras

A-10A Thunderbolt II - 1/32 Scale Trumpeter with extras

Postby Jamesv9820 on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 9:10 pm

A while ago Rod and myself got talking about starting a few build diaries for the UKAR forum This is mainly to get a bit more interest and bring some life back in here and share some of the build techniques that we know. I’m not saying I know it all by the way but if I can inspire some others to build and try new things, that makes it all worthwhile to me . It has been a while since I have done a build thread the last being a 1/72 Airfix Victor that I built at the start of the year.
Anyway on with this build. One of my favourite airframes and very imposing in 1/32 scale, measuring 550mm x 500mm! I bought the kit a number of years ago from some guy on a social media site, saying that he would never do it justice and it came with some resin parts. Those part turned out to be a very rare and sought after Cutting Edge Cockpit and Detail set. Jackpot!

When I got the kit, the fuselage halved were joined together and the main wing construction was undertaken and a few other ancillary bits and bobs and after a brief check of the contents all was confirmed to be included.

The Aim of the kit is to reproduce a Euro 1 Scheme; I am hoping that I can get some decals made up to represent an Alconbury airframe but will have to work on that.
Included in the build are as follows:
Resin Cockpit & detail set
Resin Wheels (True Details)
Master GAU-8Gun muzzle & Pitot Tube
A rather funky nose weight

I am to update on a weekly basis and explain what I have carried out in this time though if you have any questions on the techniques, or build, please do comment.
Jamesv9820

Re: A-10A Thunderbolt II - 1/32 Scale Trumpeter with extras

Postby Craig on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 9:14 pm

Great idea! :smile:

Really looking forward to following this. We can all learn or develop new techniques, me more than most! :lol:
Craig
UKAR Staff

Postby ArabJazzie on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 9:24 pm

Hello James,
I also think this is a great idea and wonder if this is worth pinning to the top so it could be used as a reference for the future. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, especially after seeing some of your magazine features!
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!
ArabJazzie

Postby Jamesv9820 on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 9:29 pm

Cheers guys - I will let the mods decide if they wish to pin or not.

Just cracking on with the cockpit and internals here at the moment. Will get a post with photos in the next week.

I understand that Rod might be joining me with a build as well...
Jamesv9820

Postby Al Wood on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 10:08 pm

Jamesv9820 wrote:Cheers guys - I will let the mods decide if they wish to pin or not.

Just cracking on with the cockpit and internals here at the moment. Will get a post with photos in the next week.

I understand that Rod might be joining me with a build as well...

This should be good as you both produced top drawer stuff. :snack:
Al Wood

Postby Craig on Tue 05 Sep 2017, 5:35 pm

ArabJazzie wrote:Hello James,
I also think this is a great idea and wonder if this is worth pinning to the top so it could be used as a reference for the future. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, especially after seeing some of your magazine features!
Arabest,
Geoff.

As requested :smile:
Craig
UKAR Staff

Return to Aircraft Modelling