Latest completions

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Mr Flibble
UKAR Staff

Latest completions

Post by Mr Flibble »

Hi all,

Long time no post! Sorry about that!

I've been getting a bit of "bench time" in recently and have finished a couple models.

First being the Airfix 1/48 Tomahawk:

Airfix 1/48 Tomahawk Mk.IIA by Phil Jones, on Flickr

Second being the nice little 1/72 Airfix Hawk, in Red Arrows markings which has sparked a bit of interest in making some more in different variations of their scheme.
Airfix 1/72 Red Arrows Hawk by Phil Jones, on Flickr

Airfix 1/72 Red Arrows Hawk by Phil Jones, on Flickr

Both were painted with MRP lacquers. Kit decals, both. The Tomahawk's final clear coat was a mix of Vallejo Matt and Gloss to get something in between (didn't have and satin) and to stop it going too flat. The Hawk is just Alclad Aqua gloss although photographing it with a polarising filter has killed the reflections/glossiness somewhat.

Hope you like (please excuse the awful attempt to clone out the rod attached to the Hawk). Criticism welcome as always :)

Cheers,
Phil

DerekF

Re: Latest completions

Post by DerekF »

That's a nice finish on that Hawk Phil. I might have to get my Revell 1/32 scale one out.

Craig

Post by Craig »

Beautiful models both, and the canopy especially looks a lot more refined on the 1:48 Tomahawk than its 1:72 counterpart. The finish on both is flawless! :clap:

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

You might not post your finishes too often but they are worth the wait. Dont leave us hanging too long though.
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!