Easterton Airfield - 12 June.

Easterton Airfield - 12 June.

Postby Macc on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 5:26 pm

Spent a superb day with the Highland Gliding Club, I was given the opportunity to get a trip in one of the gliders but due to the bad weather it was looking unlikely at the start of the day. So for an hour or so I trolled round the hangars photographing some of the aircraft inside. Luckily, the weather cleared a little and I ended up getting an aero-tug launch and then a winch launch after. A big thanks to everyone involved during the day to allow such a fantastic opportunity!

Chris.
Macc

Re: Easterton Airfield - 12 June.

Postby DeanW on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 5:30 pm

Aircraft like this aren't usually my cuppa, but 1, 2 and 4 are especially great compositions. :smile:
DeanW

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 8:21 pm

Chris, these are wonderful, particularly 3, 6 and 11. Exactly the sort of stuff we're looking for in the creative photography competition.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby foxfour on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 9:03 pm

What a fine selection of shots from those that you took yesterday, very hard to pick a favourite. I look forward to taking you gliding again sometime soon.
foxfour

Postby whitus1 on Wed 16 Jun 2010, 5:31 pm

nice shots! gliding is the way to go :biggrin: did you enjoy your trip? shame you did'nt try any soaring :roll:
keep flying
whitus1

Postby Macc on Sun 20 Jun 2010, 10:01 pm

Thanks guys. :smile:

Yeah @Whitus1, loved my flight, being airborne is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. Unfortunately it's the weather to blame for that.

Chris.
Macc

Postby DJ17 on Mon 21 Jun 2010, 7:13 pm

Great shots, very nicely composed.
DJ17

Postby foxfour on Tue 22 Jun 2010, 12:03 am

whitus1 wrote:nice shots! gliding is the way to go :biggrin: did you enjoy your trip? shame you did'nt try any soaring :roll:

It wasn't the greatest of soaring days. We did climb a few hundred feet in weak thermal at the beginning of the flight while Chris was taking pictures but the cloudbase was only around 2,000 feet. I really wanted Chris to have a go at flying the glider so by the time we had gone over the basic effects of the controls and let him have a go it was time to join the circuit. There will be lots of other days for soaring, maybe even some wave if he's lucky.
foxfour

Return to General Aviation Photos