Scone, prowling by day

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
wallace

Scone, prowling by day

Post by wallace »

I went for a run on the Beemer yesterday, literally dragging it out of the garage as the brakes had seized on over the past two months and found myself at Scone hoping to get a decent photo of the twin Squirrel... ha!

I ended up ditching all the photos bar one, which was saved by a brief glimpse of sunshine.
After that I got all creative, again, in the hangar.

While editing the photos, I found myself thinking how much more I enjoy doing this type of photo.
The Nik Suite really makes a difference. It is well worth the money, $126 including a 15% discount that I paid for the software.

A nine or ten shot pano of inside hangar 1 at Scone. A pity about the blown-out highlights through the door but there was no way that I was going to even try correcting that
Hangar 1, Scone by wwshack, on Flickr

The one decent photo.
G-XLLL Twin Squirrel, Scone by wwshack, on Flickr
The HDR version
G-XLLL Twin Squirrel, Scone by wwshack, on Flickr

This Beech 200 is a regular, the owner travels a lot and has an estate nearby.
HB_GBH Bch200, Scone by wwshack, on Flickr

I went back into the hangar and shot a few more in the Spirit of series
Spirit of '182
Spirit of '182 by wwshack, on Flickr

An unusual angle on this one, Spirit of RV12. I retained the natural colour, it's a bit grainy and slightly unsharp but it all seems to work
Spirit of RV12 by wwshack, on Flickr

A life outside. Half of this has been converted into a monochrome, retailing the colour for the reflection outside
A life outside by wwshack, on Flickr

Back outside in time to catch a SAC member returning from a local flight. I manually colour balanced the blue hue out of the hill in the background
G-CDOP Quik, Scone by wwshack, on Flickr

f4phixeruk

Re: Scone, prowling by day

Post by f4phixeruk »

Always something different Wallace. Nice to see :clap: :clap:
If you eat high calorie foods with a Diet Coke, the drink cancels the calories out!