Cambridge Airport (16th & 18th April) *UPDATED*

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Cambridge Airport (16th & 18th April) *UPDATED*

Post by Ledhead27 »

After my return from a field trip in Iceland I decided to seize the moment with the good weather and try to complete my cross country flights required to gain my PPL. Luckily the weather and the aircraft played ball, with the flight beginning at Gamston/Retford, then to Leicester and Cambridge before finally returning home. There was plenty to see at Cambridge on both days, with the 16th being so busy that the airfield was unsure whether they could get me onto the airfield do to limited parking.

Aircraft of all shapes and sizes were at the airport over the two days, with particular highlights being the Antarctic Survey DHC-6 Twin Otter and Austrian C-130K (covered in a separate thread).

Hope you enjoy the pictures and as ever please feel free to comment and criticize.

ImageMid-Anglia School of Flying Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II G-BFWB by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageCambridge Aero Club Cessna 172S Skyhawk G-UFCB by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImagePrivate Piper PA-46 Malibu Meridian N46WK by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageBond Air Services Eurocopter EC-135T2+ G-HEMN by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageCambridge Aero Club Cessna 172S Skyhawk G-SHWK by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImagePrivate Bombardier BD-100-1A10 Challenger 300 HB-JFM by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageCambridge Aero Club Cessna 172S Skyhawk G-MEGS by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImagePrivate Beech A36 Bonanza D-EWUI by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImagePrivate Eurocopter EC-155B1 Dauphin N604FD by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

The following images are from when I returned to the airfield on Good Friday for my PPL solo qualifying cross country. No Hercules this time however I was greeted by the aforementioned British Antarctic Survey Twin Otter, along with the Cambridge Aero Club Extra arriving and departing. Weather wasn't quite as nice with a stiff breeze blowing across the runway and some dark clouds, but otherwise it was another interesting visit.

ImageBritish Antarctic Survey De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter VP-FAZ by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageAirtask Group Robinson R-22 Beta G-TINK by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageBond Air Services Eurocopter EC-135T2+ G-HEMN 2 by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageCambridge Aero Club Extra EA200 G-GLOC 2 by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageCambridge Aero Club Extra EA200 G-GLOC by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageSierra Zulu Aviation Piper PA-30 Twin Comanche 160B G-ATSZ by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageMid-Anglia School of Flying Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II G-BFWB 2 by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImagePrivate Socata Rallye 235E G-BGMT by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageCambridge Aero Club Cessna 172S Skyhawk G-HERC by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImagePrivate Socata TB-20 Trinidad G-PEKT by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

FastJetsBest

Re: Cambridge Airport (16th & 18th April)

Post by FastJetsBest »

Great stuff, nice collection of aircraft as well. Make sure you fly into Lee sometime :biggrin:

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Re: Cambridge Airport (16th & 18th April)

Post by Ledhead27 »

Thanks, I'm sure I will at some point in the near future :smile:
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes