Kingsmuir, there and back

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
wallace

Kingsmuir, there and back

Post by wallace »

I was lucky to have been offered a flight with a friend in his SkyRanger out to Kingsmuir last week and have only just finished editing the set of photos after the upgrade to Lightroom 5.4 failed to work... so I'm sticking with 5.3 for the time being but hat's another story.

Scone
A visiting PA28
ImageN228AM PA-28, Scone by wwshack, on Flickr
I have been after a set of photos of this based RV6 for a while now and it's the first time that I have seen it out of the hangar since it arrived last year.
ImageG-NMRV RV6, Scone by wwshack, on Flickr

We took the scenic route out to the north of Dundee and directly over Leuchars. The engine test bays for the Tornados seem to have been demolished since the last time that I was there.
ImageLeuchars by wwshack, on Flickr

Kingsmuir
There is supposed to be a new hangar being built on this spot and this Europa seems to have occupied to vacant parking spot of the Gazelle
ImageG-IHCI Europa, Kingsmuir by wwshack, on Flickr

I know, I'm easily pleased but I have been after a decent set of photos of this Rallye for some time now
ImageG-KHRE Rallye, Kingsmuir by wwshack, on Flickr
Landing with the clubhouse with its red pan tile roof in the background and my ever patient pilot sunning himself while he waits for me to get my pictures
The SkyRanger sitting in front of the Clubhouse
ImageG-CFOW SkyRanger, Kingsmuir by wwshack, on Flickr