Spitfire mk.26 photo-set, Scone 7 Feb

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
wallace

Spitfire mk.26 photo-set, Scone 7 Feb

Post by wallace »

This is one of the nicest mk.26 Spitfires around and if you did not know you would probably mistake it for the real thing. It's got a V-6 Chevy engine, belt driving a three blade VP prop and more importantly it sounds really nice.
It is an authentic PR Blue and the serial is of no significance and was picked at random as it had to have something. Also the CAA need to know such things.
Andy the Spitfires' owner dragged it out of the hangar to turn the engine over and warm things up as it hasn't been run in a while. Conditions were kind of grotty, which gave me an opportunity to use some fill-in flash.
Peter, one of our LAA inspectors has a nosey.
ImageG-CIEN Spitfire, Scone by wwshack, on Flickr
The perspective is slightly skewed but this is a nice looking cockpit. This is what happens when Marine Engineers build aircraft, perfection! Note the vintage eight day clock to the top left.
Getting arty in the prop wash.
I had to constantly remind myself just how close I was to a running prop and how lucky I was to be there in the first place.
Taking baby for a wee run. This is it's best side without the door being visible.
Time to put baby back in the big blue box until the better weather comes.

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Re: Spitfire mk.26 photo-set, Scone 7 Feb

Post by Ledhead27 »

What a beautiful replica, probably the most authentic Mk.26 I've seen and one that certainly stands out!
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

Having been up close to this one last year, i have to agree that the level of workmanship is at a standard that raises the bar a wee bit! I know some other owners who share hangar space are a bit envious!
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

FastJetsBest

Post by FastJetsBest »

Great set and I agree with what has been said above, looks stunning. Should fly over to Lee airfield :tongue:

Spitnut

Post by Spitnut »

Nice