Space Coast Regional Airport, FL

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
ArabJazzie

Space Coast Regional Airport, FL

Post by ArabJazzie »

Hello all,
With our oldest due to turn 18, at the start of the year we decided to put into action a plan that was to see us embark on our ultimate family holiday. Florida was the natural choice, but as i didnt really want to drive over there, the initial plan was no hire car and i was gonna have to be happy grabbing what i could at JFK and MCO. Wifey then decided that Kennedy Space Centre was to be visited and that a car would be beneficial as we could visit other places nearby, "Oh and you can visit somewhere as well!!!"

Being a number cruncher first with photography dropping doon the list, i did some research to see if there was anywhere around Orlando that might yield good numbers, and if quantity wasnt there, new types were going to have to fill the void. GA wise, Orlando Executive and Kissimmee were not too good for pics, and Sanford was nearly dropped, but en-route Kennedy, i found somewhere that turned out to be a bit of a gem for me! :yahoo: On the down side, i was always fighting the heat with my bridge n shoot so i am posting this as a slight taste of whats there.

First place, sorry second, on the RH circuit is Bristows Academy with their Schweizer 269Cs

Jetrangers and R-22/44s are also in use here but evaded the lens. Next was a local product.
Then another American classic.
Following Tico Road towards what drew me here found an apron stacked full of these...
....and these 2 sitting outside a hangar.
Internet searches say these are a Douglas XL10 and Comp Air 7-SLX.

A hangar that gave up the id of a Citation II, didnt give up the other 2 or 3 in there! :ninja:

This also buzzed us as we were at Kennedy.
Based at the nearby Merritt Field! :wall: Oh well, just gonna have to go back!
Comments are always welcome.
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!