Land's End Airport, St Just, Cornwall - First timer here!

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
superdave

Land's End Airport, St Just, Cornwall - First timer here!

Post by superdave »

Morning all, long time lurker, first time poster here. Just thought I'd share my trip to Land's End Airport with you. I know the photos aren't perfect, I'm new to this whole thing and I don't have a fancy camera! But I hope these are of interest to some of you, I didn't remember having seen Land's End on here before!

ImageP9060691edit by Dave Asquith

ImageP9020520edit by Dave Asquith

ImageP9020519edit by Dave Asquith

ImageP9020518edit by Dave Asquith

ImageP9020514edit by Dave Asquith

ImageP9020513edit by Dave Asquith

ImageP9020511edit by Dave Asquith

ImageP9020504edit by Dave Asquith

ImageP9020502edit by Dave Asquith
www.toplondondaysout.co.uk - the website I work on for my job, 300+ free things to see and do in London

Airwolfhound

Re: Land's End Airport, St Just, Cornwall - First timer here

Post by Airwolfhound »

Nice to see the Trinity House chopper :smile:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

planenuttoo

Post by planenuttoo »

Nice pics; haven't been there for years, the tea room used to have a stream flowing under glass as the floor.

The late Viv Bellamy use to operate out of there and he built several replica aircraft, some of which a company called Leisure Sport used to operate in a "flying circus" based at what is now Thorpe Park.

You may find this interesting as the narration was for a test flight from St. Just.
http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-48569.html

Post by 106500 »

Unfortunately I think the recent substantial investment in buildings and paved runways has rather ruined the charm of the place.

planenuttoo

Post by planenuttoo »

106500 wrote:Unfortunately I think the recent substantial investment in buildings and paved runways has rather ruined the charm of the place.

That's a shame.

psquiddy

Post by psquiddy »

Interesting - I nearly went there last year but bad weather forced my camping trip back into Devon.

I will get there one day.
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

I've flown from there to Scilly and back a fair bit on twitches and holidays. It's an interesting airfield to take off from, with a prevailing West wind you tend to take off over the cliff and out to sea. Nice to see the Skybus aircraft in this set. Thanks for posting!

John

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

planenuttoo wrote:
The late Viv Bellamy use to operate out of there and he built several replica aircraft, some of which a company called Leisure Sport used to operate in a "flying circus" based at what is now Thorpe Park.

I went to Thorpe Park the year it opened, the hangars and flying circus aircraft were still in situ, if I remember correctly the hangar area formed a re creation of a WW1 airfield that was all part of the Thorpe Park experience :smile: