Airlander

Airlander

Postby DanH on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 10:31 pm

I was passing through Cardington the other day so I decided to head over for a look at Airlander for the first time and took some pictures. I didn't get to see it fly unfortunately but its still an impressive sight, even just on the ground.

Thanks for looking. :smile:
Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Re: Airlander

Postby alisdairanderson on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:34 pm

Hi,

Not sure how often you are in the area, (and you may realise this) but the airship is only moored at the front, so acts like a giant weather vane..... this is a fairly uncommon angle to see it positioned, and normally you will get a much more 'side on' profile of it, when the wind is in the prevailing direction....

Cheers
Alisdair
alisdairanderson

Re: Airlander

Postby DanH on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 9:17 pm

alisdairanderson wrote:Hi,

Not sure how often you are in the area, (and you may realise this) but the airship is only moored at the front, so acts like a giant weather vane..... this is a fairly uncommon angle to see it positioned, and normally you will get a much more 'side on' profile of it, when the wind is in the prevailing direction....

Cheers
Alisdair

I did notice that yes. It was quite windy when I was there so it was moving around a fair bit and it did occur to me that it was shifting to face into the wind. Quite cool really.
Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Return to General Aviation Photos