Flypast

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
jonny7

Flypast

Post by jonny7 »

Just a catch line header, as its been a week for them. This little Mustang called a Titan, is a 75% replica of the real thing. It made a brilliant flypast last week at Beccles and
I was just pleased to tog it in good light and weather... :smile:

Imageab555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

ikarus

Re: Flypast

Post by ikarus »

Superb photo :clap:

sdad

Post by sdad »

Anybody know the history as to why this scheme (which now appears on the full-size ex-Miss Velma) corresponds to the BBD name - and why the late-lamented but well-known aircraft looked nothing like this?

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

Thanks Ikarus, nice to see you liked the image. Reference to sdads remark as to it looking nothing like the original, I have pasted up the original BBD from a few years ago now taken at Hardwick, in a similar angle. So Judge for yourself if it looks anything like it or not...cheers... :smile:

ImagePicture 013 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

sdad wrote:Anybody know the history as to why this scheme (which now appears on the full-size ex-Miss Velma) corresponds to the BBD name - and why the late-lamented but well-known aircraft looked nothing like this?

Seems to me that that is a quite confusing statement. Can you clarify please?

I've seen lots of those Titan Mustangs at Oshkosh, very impressive they look too! Very good shot!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

sdad

Post by sdad »

The colour scheme and codes WZ-I are on the new full-size Contrary Mary, albeit with a different serial.
The Titan however, is called BBD.
BBD that we all knew at Duxford had a very different scheme.

Therefore, why does a "Contrary Mary" replica have the name of BBD?

mikebravo87

Post by mikebravo87 »

sdad wrote:The colour scheme and codes WZ-I are on the new full-size Contrary Mary, albeit with a different serial.
The Titan however, is called BBD.
BBD that we all knew at Duxford had a very different scheme.

Therefore, why does a "Contrary Mary" replica have the name of BBD?

Sdad

Firstly I am confused by your comments. Contrary Mary has only recently been painted up on G-TFSI whereas this Mustang Replica was built back in 2008 and painted at the time in the same scheme as G-HAEC/472218/WZ-I "Big Beautiful Doll"

If you actually research BBD you will see the schemes are almost identical.

Good shot JB, Been a while since I caught up with Al.

Cheers

Mike B

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

Big Cheers to Mike B, for liking the shot and trying to get a conclusion on the early questioning, about the paint scheme. Just one more shot to muddy the waters
and it was taken at the Legends weekend just gone... :wink:

ImageDSC_0189_01555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr