2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby zigzag on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 9:02 am

Maybe the exclusion zones arent to proctect us from falling aircraft to protect the welfare of sheep :wink:
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT
zigzag

Postby G-CVIX on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 11:47 pm

Can anyone advise on the seat selection for the Grandstand? I've been booking but actually selecting the seat you want in the module doesn't seem possible, just a general area kind of thing. Anyone got any advice?
G-CVIX

Postby play it cool on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:29 am

G-CVIX wrote:Can anyone advise on the seat selection for the Grandstand? I've been booking but actually selecting the seat you want in the module doesn't seem possible, just a general area kind of thing. Anyone got any advice?

You should have sight of the seating plan that shows what's left. You let them know your preferences (1st and 2nd choices) and once you've booked they let you know what seats you've got.
play it cool

Postby G-CVIX on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 9:47 am

play it cool wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:Can anyone advise on the seat selection for the Grandstand? I've been booking but actually selecting the seat you want in the module doesn't seem possible, just a general area kind of thing. Anyone got any advice?

You should have sight of the seating plan that shows what's left. You let them know your preferences (1st and 2nd choices) and once you've booked they let you know what seats you've got.

Ah okay, for some reason the grandstand image is horribly compressed for me! Cheers!
G-CVIX

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 12:16 pm

RJF confirmarooney
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Pringles on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:24 am

Looks like the Danish F16 will be making a return!
https://airshowinfo.hu/airshowfeed/2018 ... dule-2018/
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic
Pringles

Postby Wissam24 on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:33 am

It was an absolutely awesome display last year, second to the Rafales.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Berf on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:58 am

Wissam24 wrote:It was an absolutely awesome display last year, second to the Rafales.

Which for me made it second for all the shows I went to last year including RIAT.
Berf

Postby Berf on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:45 am

Danish F16 now confirmed
Berf

Postby davidjones533 on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 2:14 pm

Last edited by davidjones533 on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidjones533

Postby clearstone on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 2:24 pm

Well, the flares will be unique to Yeovilton.... :grin:

And Yeovilton is the one place to see all these fast jet displays in one day (If RIAT do indeed have so many participants they have to vary their daily flying programme)
clearstone

Postby Tom105 on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:28 pm

Really pleased the F16 has confirmed, last years display was brilliantly aggressive and for me one of the best I saw all year :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thomas
Tom105

Postby Tommy on Sat 10 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm

I loved the Danish F-16 at Yeovilton last year. Fantastic stuff that was. Looking forward to seeing it again. :up: :joystick:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Tom105 on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:22 pm

Belgian F-16 now confirmed
Thomas
Tom105

Postby Andyperkins on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:28 pm

Damn three F-16 displays, think the last time that happened was 2010, incredible line up and its only March.
Andyperkins

Postby centaurus18 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 6:48 pm

Andyperkins wrote:Damn three F-16 displays, think the last time that happened was 2010, incredible line up and its only March.

Yep. Belgian, Danish and Dutch that year.... though I still don't believe how the latter actuially made it to Air Day.
His practice routine got very low at one point, picture full afterburner and the orange jet still heading in a downward motion tail first.... :shock:
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'
centaurus18

Postby G-CVIX on Fri 16 Mar 2018, 8:09 am

Lynx enclosure and arrivals day tickets purchased. The line up is just to good to be missed.
G-CVIX

Postby Stagger2 on Fri 16 Mar 2018, 12:33 pm

[/quote]Yep. Belgian, Danish and Dutch that year.... though I still don't believe how the latter actuially made it to Air Day.
His practice routine got very low at one point, picture full afterburner and the orange jet still heading in a downward motion tail first....
:shock:[/quote]

That was just 'Hitec' making sure his F-16 Demo' was the memorable one! :whistle:
Stagger2

Postby Andyperkins on Fri 16 Mar 2018, 1:28 pm

I might just be dense but how do you buy a single grand stand ticket? as every time I try it say the seat/row I selected can't leave singles and I only want a single ticket to get the on site parking, actually have no intention of using the grand stand.
Andyperkins

Postby centaurus18 on Fri 16 Mar 2018, 4:11 pm

Stagger2 wrote:[
Yep. Belgian, Danish and Dutch that year.... though I still don't believe how the latter actuially made it to Air Day.
His practice routine got very low at one point, picture full afterburner and the orange jet still heading in a downward motion tail first....
:shock:

That was just 'Hitec' making sure his F-16 Demo' was the memorable one! :whistle:

Or... he was trying to outdo the Belgian F-16, that had just done its display routine immediately before.
I seem to recall he had a close call at Abingdon earlier that year too.
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'
centaurus18

Postby G-CVIX on Sat 17 Mar 2018, 10:40 am

Andyperkins wrote:I might just be dense but how do you buy a single grand stand ticket? as every time I try it say the seat/row I selected can't leave singles and I only want a single ticket to get the on site parking, actually have no intention of using the grand stand.

I had to pick one in a row with 3+ seats, which was a bit annoying. It's not the most sophisticated booking system!
G-CVIX

Postby NTFC1 on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 11:01 am

Seriously considering yeovilton over fairford this year.My one and only visit in 2013 with my children was a great success as it's completely different to RIAT (not just the flares & commando finale).
We've been to the last 8 RIAT's and it's starting to feel a bit samey,apart from the odd "special flypast"
Trouble is it's a 360 mile round trip,meaning we would need to "make a weekend of it".....few hundred quid for a weekend away to take in a 5 hour airshow i'm struggling to justify,especially as it's just before holiday season.
The unique acts (french navy rafales) and "small airshow" feel made for a much more enjoyable dayout,especially with little ones.......think i'm one more decent update away from booking up!!
NTFC1

Postby capercaillie on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 12:40 pm

NTFC1 wrote: We've been to the last 8 RIAT's and it's starting to feel a bit samey,apart from the odd "special flypast"

A bit samey? A quick count up and not including the USAFE flypasts, I can easily get to 17 acts that flew in 2017 that weren't there the year before including such gems as B-2, Ukrainian Su27, Couteau Delta, Czech Gripen, Spanish Hornet, Italian Tornado, C-27 and M346 and Belgian Sea King. And F-22 Raptor and Soloturk displays coming back are soooo boring.

A static park with UK debuts such as Canadian Globemaster and Chinook, Israeli C-130J and other assorted junk like U-2, B-1, Pakistani Herc, Aussie Wedgetail, yep its tedium in the extreme.

What do you want? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Witchcraft24 on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 3:39 pm

Yes, does seem a strange comment.

The French Navy (quite rightly) rock up at Yeovilton most years, but nobody is calling that "samey".

Given the quality of RIAT last year I am at a loss as to how anybody could make that comment, even in March.
Witchcraft24

Postby sopwithflyer on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 5:09 pm

capercaillie wrote:
NTFC1 wrote: We've been to the last 8 RIAT's and it's starting to feel a bit samey,apart from the odd "special flypast"

A bit samey? A quick count up and not including the USAFE flypasts, I can easily get to 17 acts that flew in 2017 that weren't there the year before including such gems as B-2, Ukrainian Su27, Couteau Delta, Czech Gripen, Spanish Hornet, Italian Tornado, C-27 and M346 and Belgian Sea King. And F-22 Raptor and Soloturk displays coming back are soooo boring.

A static park with UK debuts such as Canadian Globemaster and Chinook, Israeli C-130J and other assorted junk like U-2, B-1, Pakistani Herc, Aussie Wedgetail, yep its tedium in the extreme.

What do you want? :dunno:[/quote]

Much of RIAT is very samey. The burger vans, loos, parking, queues are usually the same, and above all else it's always at Fairford. It's only the aircraft that are different. Perhaps he has a point.
sopwithflyer

PreviousNext

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days