Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Thu 22 Nov 2018, 10:14 am

RIAT have introduced a premium for the top row and aisle seats in the public grandstand this year. I accept its supply and demand, and an opportunity to raise more for the cause, but it does seem rather tight Harkins, I agree. There was a time where being keen enough to get there early was enough to get the spot you desired.

I haven't been to Yeovilton in the modern era, such a long way right on top of RIAT, but I get more tempted every year. It'll be Legends v Yeovilton, see which appeals to me more nearer the time.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby harkins on Thu 22 Nov 2018, 11:02 am

I'm exactly the same. I last went in 2013 and did the arrivals day too but between the long journey, the various costs, a week at RIAT immediately after, the irksome sun position and a sense of fair play with the wife, I haven't been back since - despite always being tempted. It'll be interesting to see if this years show is any different in scale with the rebranding that's taken place. I don't really expect it to be any different if I'm honest, especially as last years looked to be pretty good anyway.
User avatar
harkins

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby MiG_Eater on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 4:44 pm

First participants confirmed: Lithuanian Air Force - L-39 (f), C-27 and Mi-8... not too shabby!
MiG_Eater

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby boff180 on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 4:44 pm

Lithuanian L-39 solo demo in flying (debut) with an Mi-8 and C-27J on static confirmed.

:clap:
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 4:49 pm

Cracking first update that. :clap:
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Tommy on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 5:16 pm

Outstanding :clap:
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby darkman on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 5:19 pm

Superb start
darkman

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Tom105 on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 5:27 pm

Cannot wait, loved seeing the HIP arrive this year cannot wait until July! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thomas
Tom105

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby lynothehammer on Mon 28 Jan 2019, 10:29 pm

Booked tickets today, not been to the Air day since 2013. :biggrin:
User avatar
lynothehammer

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 4:12 pm

Royal Jordanian Falcons confirmed. :up:
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Jakesplanes on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 1:59 pm

Went to buy my tickets today, two points:
1. I thought arrivals day was going to be open for longer than until 3 this year, but according to the website apparently not. They’ll kick us out just as the fun starts. Still going though!
2. The graphic has a Wildcat, an F-35 and a Swordfish, so hopefully we’ll see all three flying.
Bring it on!
Last edited by Jakesplanes on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
IG profile "jakesplanes"
Jakesplanes

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby capercaillie on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 2:20 pm

Jakesplanes wrote:Went to buy my tickets today, two points:
1. I thought arrivals day was going to be open for longer than until 3 this year, but according to the website apparently not. They’ll kick us out just as the fun starts. Still going though!
2. The graphic has a Lynx, an F-35 and a Swordfish, so hopefully we’ll see all three flying.
Bring it on!


That is a Wildcat, no Lynxes left in British service now sadly. :sad:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby wdg on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 7:29 pm

Jakesplanes wrote:I thought arrivals day was going to be open for longer than until 3 this year, but according to the website apparently not. They’ll kick us out just as the fun starts. Still going though!


I seem to remember last year's was originally announced as 3pm, and then extended. Could be the same again.

Either way I didn't miss anything that I particularly wanted to see, except the Sentry but that didn't show at all.
19: DUX | Torbay | COS | Weston | VL | RIAT | BOU | JER | DUX
http://www.flickr.com/people/161562983@N04
wdg

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Tom105 on Tue 19 Feb 2019, 11:12 am

Belgian F-16 confirmed from Facebook post! :yahoo:
edit - now officially confirmed
Thomas
Tom105

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Georgeconna on Tue 19 Feb 2019, 1:06 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:RIAT have introduced a premium for the top row and aisle seats in the public grandstand this year. I accept its supply and demand, and an opportunity to raise more for the cause, but it does seem rather tight Harkins, I agree. There was a time where being keen enough to get there early was enough to get the spot you desired.

I haven't been to Yeovilton in the modern era, such a long way right on top of RIAT, but I get more tempted every year. It'll be Legends v Yeovilton, see which appeals to me more nearer the time.


Wont be long before the Money grabbers do the same for the Departure days. Pay a premium to get in early an all that jazz. Great for the Haves, not so good for the have nots.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.
Georgeconna

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Wed 27 Feb 2019, 4:20 pm

German Navy P-3 confirmed for static. :up:
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 5:32 pm

No Czech participation this year.
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby BossMann on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 3:33 pm

I am hoping that RNIAD will still manage to keep its foreign expansion going with excellent support over the last few years.

Shame that there will not be any Swiss, Spanish ( Patrulla Aguila / Patrulla ASPA ) or Czech participation this year especially as Yeovilton is the only airfield venue in the able to accommodate flares!

Hopefully the French Navy may even provide their 4 ship Rafale Marine role demo that displayed at La ferte alais last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx3FmIPlUTs

Good luck to the RNIAD team !
BossMann

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Frogfoot on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 7:59 pm

BossMann wrote:I am hoping that RNIAD will still manage to keep its foreign expansion going with excellent support over the last few years.

Shame that there will not be any Swiss, Spanish ( Patrulla Aguila / Patrulla ASPA ) or Czech participation this year especially as Yeovilton is the only airfield venue in the able to accommodate flares!

Hopefully the French Navy may even provide their 4 ship Rafale Marine role demo that displayed at La ferte alais last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx3FmIPlUTs

Good luck to the RNIAD team !


I too am somewhat concerned by the lack of foreign participation so far. Whilst I accept that it’s still early days, both Czech and Swiss participation will be sorely missed. However, I’m sure there’s plenty of exciting updates still to come, and we mustn’t forget about the Lithuanian L-39C!
Frogfoot

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Jakesplanes on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 8:40 am

It’s WAYYYYY too early to be concerned about anything to do with this show. It’s always a banger. #flynavy
IG profile "jakesplanes"
Jakesplanes

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Frogfoot on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 10:10 am

Jakesplanes wrote:It’s WAYYYYY too early to be concerned about anything to do with this show. It’s always a banger. #flynavy


Oh there’s no doubt about that!
Frogfoot

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Andyperkins on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 10:09 am

Show to open with the debut of the Wessex HU5
Andyperkins

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 10:10 am

Lovely! :clap:
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Wissam24 on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 10:13 am

Tidy!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby BossMann on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 12:07 pm

Nice update with the Wessex - maybe will join the other Navy Wings aircraft for an opening flypast at the show??

Would be great to see the Spanish Navy Harrier duo display at the Royal Navy's International Air Day !!

Yeovilton only a week before RIAT
BossMann

PreviousNext

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest