Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Tue 23 Apr 2019, 3:10 pm



Germans hoping to send a Sea Lynx.
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 4:32 pm

11x Auster, Nanchang CJ-6A, L-3B & O-1A Bird Dog confirmed for static.
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Andyperkins on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 4:20 pm

F-35B Flypast Confirmed :smile:

PARTICIPATION UPDATE
F-35B Lightning – Royal Air Force (Flying)

Lightning forecast! The cutting-edge F-35B Lightning will make its Royal Navy International Air Day debut on Saturday 13 July at RNAS Yeovilton. Making an airborne-only appearance, the state-of-the-art multirole stealth fighter will bring a glimpse of future UK airpower to Air Day with two flypasts - one slow and one fast. A full-sized F-35B model with cockpit access will also be on static display for a close-up look at the UK’s new fifth generation fighter.

F-35s currently equip the RAF’s legendary 617 Squadron – The Dambusters - at RAF Marham, where both RAF and RN pilots fly them. This autumn British F-35s will embark in HMS Queen Elizabeth for the very first time marking a new era of fixed wing naval aviation for the RN as they work up to becoming a fully-operational, global carrier strike capability by late 2020.
Andyperkins

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Tommy on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 4:29 pm

Good news!

Although; just two flypasts? That’s the best the RAF/RN can do? :roll:
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby lynothehammer on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 4:30 pm

Brilliant news.. :D
User avatar
lynothehammer

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby 106500 on Wed 01 May 2019, 9:25 am

Tommy wrote:Good news!

Although; just two flypasts? That’s the best the RAF/RN can do? :roll:


Guess they're just teasing us for better things in future years! I suppose we'll get a bit of a hover in the slow flyby....
106500

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby MiG_Eater on Wed 01 May 2019, 10:24 am

106500 wrote:
Tommy wrote:Good news!

Although; just two flypasts? That’s the best the RAF/RN can do? :roll:


Guess they're just teasing us for better things in future years! I suppose we'll get a bit of a hover in the slow flyby....


Don't count on it... It didn't happen at Duxford in September!
MiG_Eater

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby trebleone on Sat 04 May 2019, 6:10 pm

PARTICIPATION UPDATE

Meteor T7 x 2 – Martin-Baker (Static)
Avro XIX – BAE Systems (Static)

At least one, possibly both, of Europe’s only airworthy Gloster Meteors will be making a return appearance to the Royal Navy International Air Day’s static display on Saturday 13th July. They will be joined by the only flying Avro XIX, representing a post-war Anson C19.
User avatar
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby capercaillie on Mon 06 May 2019, 7:54 am

trebleone wrote:
PARTICIPATION UPDATE

Meteor T7 x 2 – Martin-Baker (Static)
Avro XIX – BAE Systems (Static)

At least one, possibly both, of Europe’s only airworthy Gloster Meteors will be making a return appearance to the Royal Navy International Air Day’s static display on Saturday 13th July. They will be joined by the only flying Avro XIX, representing a post-war Anson C19.


Didn't they have two down last year and ended up with none?
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Tommy on Wed 08 May 2019, 4:18 pm

PARTICIPATION UPDATE
Merlin HM2 – Royal Navy (Flying)
Wildcat HMA2 x 2 – Royal Navy (Flying)

The Fleet Air Arm’s cutting-edge Wildcat HMA2 and Merlin HM2 helicopters are teaming up for a dynamic combined Maritime Role Demo in the Royal Navy International Air Day’s flying display. The two rotary types will demonstrate frontline interoperability as their capabilities combine in the sky above RNAS Yeovilton. Equipping the resident 815 and 825 Naval Air Squadrons, the Wildcat HMA2 is a new-generation multi-mission maritime helicopter tasked with anti-ship and anti-surface warfare, ship protection, casualty evacuation and more. The Merlin HM2 serves with three squadrons at RNAS Culdrose in Cornwall. Its primary role is anti-submarine warfare. Additional examples of both helicopters will be on static display.
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Pablo on Thu 09 May 2019, 8:29 am

capercaillie wrote:
trebleone wrote:
PARTICIPATION UPDATE

Meteor T7 x 2 – Martin-Baker (Static)
Avro XIX – BAE Systems (Static)

At least one, possibly both, of Europe’s only airworthy Gloster Meteors will be making a return appearance to the Royal Navy International Air Day’s static display on Saturday 13th July. They will be joined by the only flying Avro XIX, representing a post-war Anson C19.


Didn't they have two down last year and ended up with none?


Yes but both the previous year.
User avatar
Pablo

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Fri 10 May 2019, 7:57 pm

Anyone happen to know the letter for the top row of the grandstand?
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Paul_Reflex on Fri 10 May 2019, 8:33 pm

Abbo46 wrote:Anyone happen to know the letter for the top row of the grandstand?


I think it’s M.
User avatar
Paul_Reflex

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby itfcscott on Sat 11 May 2019, 11:09 am

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 15 May 2019, 12:48 pm



Freaking awesome!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Tom105 on Wed 15 May 2019, 12:51 pm

That has made my day cannot wait to see it! Alize :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thomas
Tom105

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby capercaillie on Wed 15 May 2019, 12:55 pm

Great news and super participants :clap: :worship: , but I do wish things weren't overhyped. The Alize is not making its UK airshow debut or indeed even its Yeovilton debut. As a civilian operated type it is appearing for the first time. Its highly likely this aircraft has appeared at several UK shows in the past. :cuppa:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Pablo on Wed 15 May 2019, 2:23 pm

capercaillie wrote:Great news and super participants :clap: :worship: , but I do wish things weren't overhyped. The Alize is not making its UK airshow debut or indeed even its Yeovilton debut. As a civilian operated type it is appearing for the first time. Its highly likely this aircraft has appeared at several UK shows in the past. :cuppa:


It's making its Association Alizé Marine-operated UK debut. If you isolated just that 'UK airshow debut' paragraph, I'd agree, but when the type and operator are listed right above, I think in context the statement's correct. :snack:
User avatar
Pablo

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Wed 15 May 2019, 4:43 pm

Tried looking on the site but couldn't find anything, what time does the flying display start? Thinking about doing a day trip from London!
Airshowhammer

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Andyperkins on Wed 15 May 2019, 5:29 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:Tried looking on the site but couldn't find anything, what time does the flying display start? Thinking about doing a day trip from London!


Taken from their website...

0800 - Car parks open
0900 - Gates and Exhibtion/Trade Fair opens
0930-1030 - Aircraft late arrivals
1100-1630 - Flying displays
TBC - Arena Displays
1700 - Airfield Closes
Andyperkins

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Wed 15 May 2019, 9:21 pm

Loved the Alize pair at RIAT a good few years back and more..... same year as the Crusaders i think.
My word i feel old!

Great catch though, that's for sure!
Got to love Russianhardware
HeyfordDave111

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Tommy on Thu 16 May 2019, 6:37 am

Up the bears. That’s a tremendous addition. :clap:
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Fri 17 May 2019, 4:28 pm



Nice additions. :up:
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Andyperkins on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:49 pm

Andyperkins

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Jakesplanes on Tue 21 May 2019, 8:58 am

Cool, nice to have a Navy bird. starting to get a little impatient for some headline acts though. Is it just the Belgian F16 and the Typhoon so far in fast Jets?
Highlights thus far are the Cocardes Marine and the Wessex, but a bit more still to come I’m sure!
IG profile "jakesplanes"
Jakesplanes

PreviousNext

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Berf and 5 guests