Yeovilton car parks

Yeovilton car parks

Postby farnboroughrob on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 4:47 pm

Normally park in the 'Hurricane' (as directed by the plan) car park and it is a fair walk into the show. Am taking the Mrs this year who is sure to wear the wrong shoes :-X ! The Phantom,Wessex and Vixen car parks look closer to the main show area, are they? And is it possible for me to continue down the A303 past the base and route in (and out)to use these car parks, anybody done it?
farnboroughrob

Re: Yeovilton car parks

Postby trebleone on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:24 pm

Stay on the A303 till the Podimore roundabout, exit the roundabout following sign for Podimore and head along Church Street, then first Right for car parks B (Wessex) or C (Vixen) - either should be less of a walk into the show than from Hurricane car park.
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby farnboroughrob on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:37 pm

Thanks Terry, I'm passing tomorrow so will check it out. I assume you then walk in via the main gate?
farnboroughrob

Postby trebleone on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 5:51 pm

On second thoughts - I've just checked the walks from each car park to the crowd-line on google earth - surprisingly, it's only 1.1 km from Hurricane, whereas from Vixen, it's 1.5 km; so you may be better sticking to your usual routine.

The entry from Vixen, Wessex & Phantom car parks is usually the main gate, by the Harrier gate guard, whereas the entry from Hurricane is at the Museum entrance.
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby tankbuster81 on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 9:56 pm

So no on base parking??This will be my first ever visit,coming from Kent.
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Postby trebleone on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

tankbuster81 wrote:So no on base parking??

The only on-base parking at Yeovilton is the VIP car-park. If you're coming from Kent, I would expect you to be routed along the A303 to the Podimore slip-road and from there into Hurricane (D) car park.
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby farnboroughrob on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:57 pm

I'm afraid its a walk from any of the car parks. The Hurricane car park is the designated one for people from the East. One you are parked you have to walk to the end of the car park, then through the bases athletic field and along the road to the entrance. Its seems to take about 10 min going in and half hour coming out! Remember the gates will not open until 9 on the dot although the car park is open by 8. I must say in the past 4 years I have never had any sort of road delay( arrive at 8ish and leave as the commando is nearly finished) and the morning walking que moves quickly once the gates open.
farnboroughrob

Postby tankbuster81 on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 8:50 am

trebleone wrote:
tankbuster81 wrote:So no on base parking??

The only on-base parking at Yeovilton is the VIP car-park. If you're coming from Kent, I would expect you to be routed along the A303 to the Podimore slip-road and from there into Hurricane (D) car park.

Thanks for that i'm looking forward to this.
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Postby Nivvy on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 1:55 pm

I'm in the on site car park does anyone know if this opens at the same time as the other car parks?
Nivvy

Postby Glosterbloke on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm

Unless they've changed it the on site is open at 0800.
Glosterbloke

Postby Nivvy on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 5:58 pm

Thanks
Nivvy

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days