Yeovilton Friday Arrivals

Re: Yeovilton Friday Arrivals

Postby Jakesplanes on Tue 30 May 2017, 4:19 pm

Go4Long wrote:
Jakesplanes wrote:Should be a nice arrivals day this year, i'm especially looking forward to the MB Meteors. Look forward to racing you, i mean seeing you all there.

I purchased an arrivals day ticket as well. I'm flying over for Air Tattoo and was originally just planning on some spotting in the week before the show, heading to the loop for the Monday Tuesday, but saw this show and figured why not add another show to the list.

Not sure if the arrivals will be worth the cost or not, but at the end of the day you only live once.

Mate, it's worth it to me. Some of the good old boys here will moan it was better back in the day, and theres a bit of argy bargy to get in through the gate, but £15 or whatever to spend all day watching a nice selection of aircraft land: i'll take that all day. I'd pay that for landing shots of the Martin Baker Meteors alone. We'll have a laugh mate.
IG profile "jakesplanes"
Jakesplanes

Postby G-CVIX on Tue 30 May 2017, 5:49 pm

Be warned, it's not all day, it's something like 10.30 to 15.00. It was good last year with some decent arrivals and then you've got a bit of time to do the museum if you desire.
G-CVIX

Postby Go4Long on Tue 30 May 2017, 5:58 pm

Jakesplanes wrote:
Go4Long wrote:
Jakesplanes wrote:Should be a nice arrivals day this year, i'm especially looking forward to the MB Meteors. Look forward to racing you, i mean seeing you all there.

I purchased an arrivals day ticket as well. I'm flying over for Air Tattoo and was originally just planning on some spotting in the week before the show, heading to the loop for the Monday Tuesday, but saw this show and figured why not add another show to the list.

Not sure if the arrivals will be worth the cost or not, but at the end of the day you only live once.

Mate, it's worth it to me. Some of the good old boys here will moan it was better back in the day, and theres a bit of argy bargy to get in through the gate, but £15 or whatever to spend all day watching a nice selection of aircraft land: i'll take that all day. I'd pay that for landing shots of the Martin Baker Meteors alone. We'll have a laugh mate.

I'll try to wear something obviously Canadian so I'm easy to pick out. Probably an Abbotsford Airshow shirt.
Go4Long

Postby Jakesplanes on Tue 30 May 2017, 6:56 pm

Go4Long wrote:
Jakesplanes wrote:
Go4Long wrote:

I'll try to wear something obviously Canadian so I'm easy to pick out. Probably an Abbotsford Airshow shirt.

Wear double Denim.
IG profile "jakesplanes"
Jakesplanes

Postby aceyone on Tue 30 May 2017, 7:26 pm

Red checked shirt ?
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place
aceyone

Postby Go4Long on Tue 30 May 2017, 8:23 pm

aceyone wrote:

Red checked shirt ?

Something plaid. with a plaid hat with ear flaps. I will also carry maple syrup with me at all times...and to match my primeminister, I will endeavor to grow "pretty" hair between now and then.
Go4Long

Previous

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days