Yeovilton 2015 Wishlist

Re: Yeovilton 2015 Wishlist

Postby CrowdlinePhotography on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 7:44 pm

What are the chances of having the Swedish AF Historic Flight at Yeovilton? Would love to see their line-up of jets.
CrowdlinePhotography

Postby john001 on Mon 25 May 2015, 11:09 am

Ok first Yeovilton in 30 years.

I guess the far left of the crowd line will have the marquees etc but if you are on the far left end is it possible to take pictures of aircraft landing (assuming there are from that direction of course) - where's the best place for the assault display scenario - can you use step ladders and finally are there press facilities on the day maybe a sport area?

Thanks a lot everyone. Coming a fair way for this one to see the last of the Sea Kings (oh and the Etendards)
john001

Postby Thumper on Mon 25 May 2015, 12:38 pm

john001 wrote:Ok first Yeovilton in 30 years.

I guess the far left of the crowd line will have the marquees etc but if you are on the far left end is it possible to take pictures of aircraft landing (assuming there are from that direction of course) - where's the best place for the assault display scenario - can you use step ladders and finally are there press facilities on the day maybe a sport area?

Thanks a lot everyone. Coming a fair way for this one to see the last of the Sea Kings (oh and the Etendards)

I believe there is a press enclosure and there are also other hospitality/VIP enclosures which obviously have a higher price tag. I have put links to the layout below. I don't think step ladders are banned as such but in my opinion it's bad manners as you will inevitably ruin someone elses view/picture by being a 12ft tall meerkat. If the aircraft land at 27 you'll get a good view, not so much if they use 09. As for the view of the commando assault I would say the grandstand is your best bet for everything granted that people are polite and do not stand up to take pictures blocking others view.

Have a look at this thread for an overlay of the showground on a satellite image;

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47089&start=275

Also this link to the bigger version of the official air day map (scroll to the bottom);

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/~/media/Fil ... %20Day.pdf
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby john001 on Mon 25 May 2015, 1:56 pm

Thanks very much for that.

I looked at the grandstand but it is sold out.

It is all very useful - thanks again
john001

Postby VLAD on Mon 25 May 2015, 4:42 pm

john001 wrote:
I looked at the grandstand but it is sold out.

The grandstand enclosure has been increased in size due to demand. There were about 15 seats still available as of Friday morning so you could still be in luck. I wouldn't delay though.
VLAD

Postby john001 on Mon 25 May 2015, 6:23 pm

Thanks VLAD I actually looked today and there were all gone - need a bigger one!
john001

Previous

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days