Yeovilton 2015 (Participation Thread)

Re: Yeovilton 2015 (Participation Thread)

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 4:14 pm

And Sea Hurricane!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Pablo on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 4:16 pm

Wissam24 wrote:And Sea Hurricane!

Well, yes, but I specifically meant those types which have been off the scene for months/years :smile:
Pablo

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 5:21 pm

Ah right, yeah, it's a real show for debuts and rarities this year!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: What act are we most looking forward to

Postby AMB on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 8:22 pm

I believe this will be the last chance to see FN Super Etendards over here before they are retired?
Adrian
AMB

Postby Andyperkins on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:54 pm

AMB wrote:I believe this will be the last chance to see FN Super Etendards over here before they are retired?

Yes that is correct so really hoping they make it.

Sounds like no backups are being sent, shame as three Rafales and three Super Etendards parked up next to the Typhoons and Apaches would have made for one hell of a photo, will have to make do with only a pair of each :biggrin:
Andyperkins

Postby VLAD on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 6:36 am

They'll be bringing a spare for each type. :)
VLAD

Postby Andyperkins on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:05 am

VLAD wrote:They'll be bringing a spare for each type. :)

:yahoo:
Andyperkins

Postby blackcat on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:06 am

How many jets do they use in the Demo?
is it one of each or a pair of each?
Also do these use Pyrotechnics?
blackcat

Postby Andyperkins on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:38 am

blackcat wrote:How many jets do they use in the Demo?
is it one of each or a pair of each?
Also do these use Pyrotechnics?

Sounds like a pair of each to me...

Rafale M x 2 - French Navy (Flying)
Super Étendard x 2 French Navy (Flying)

Always keenly anticipated, the French Navy’s involvement in Air Day 2015 is now confirmed. Headlining its participation, PAIRS of Dassault Rafale M multirole fighters and Dassault Super Étendard strike fighters will perform a powerful joint role demonstration – a hugely intense spectacle in prospect. Each type has attended previous RNAS Yeovilton Air Days but never before have we had two examples of both types in the air. The fast and hugely agile Rafale M is a premium level modern day carrier-launched and combat-proven fighter with 15 years’ French Navy service behind it. After a lengthy and distinguished career, the now 40-plus year-old Super Étendard is scheduled for retirement next year. Its Air Day demo may well prove to be its final showing in UK skies.
Andyperkins

Postby farnboroughrob on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 3:24 pm

lmgaylard wrote:At the moment aircraft 2 + 19 are the allocated aircraft to come across. SEM 2 is the oldest aircraft still in service.

Hope they go tech, 2 was at RIAT 93, 19 Mildenhall 90. Please send 8,10 or 11! You can never please us reg spotters! :tumbleweed:

Getting back on track I am most looking forward to the Mig 15, I have seen about 30, but never one in the air. Will be interesting weather the engine sounds like like a Nene (Vampire/seahawk), as we stupidly sold them the engine!
Rob
farnboroughrob

Postby Typhoon15 on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:10 pm

How busy do you think arrivals will be?
Typhoon15

Postby DDM10 on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 4:43 pm

Don't know how many times this has been said before, but the line up this year is fantastic! Last year was a little on the disappointing side, especially with all the cancellations. Think this year will make up for it 10 fold. Really looking forward to it. Ticket arrived today!
"Well Ted, as I said last time, it won't happen again."
DDM10

Postby Andyperkins on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 5:12 pm

DDM10 wrote:Don't know how many times this has been said before, but the line up this year is fantastic! Last year was a little on the disappointing side, especially with all the cancellations. Think this year will make up for it 10 fold. Really looking forward to it. Ticket arrived today!

Agreed looking like it might beat 2011 which IMO was the best airshow of that year, even the weather might play ball just hope it's a repeat of last year and not 2013 which was just too damn hot lol
Andyperkins

Postby CrowdlinePhotography on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 5:33 pm

2013 was my best year. Last year wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't for so many cancellations. Hopefully if this year avoids the cancellations (although you can't help them) and experiences warm weather, 2015 will beat all previous years. There's such an even variety of different aircraft. One more flypast would top it off, perhaps a Voyager? Will the Role Demo be longer then 10 minutes due to the aircraft splitting into 2 sperate displays?
CrowdlinePhotography

Postby Typhoon15 on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 9:56 pm

CrowdlinePhotography wrote:2013 was my best year. Last year wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't for so many cancellations. Hopefully if this year avoids the cancellations (although you can't help them) and experiences warm weather, 2015 will beat all previous years. There's such an even variety of different aircraft. One more flypast would top it off, perhaps a Voyager? Will the Role Demo be longer then 10 minutes due to the aircraft splitting into 2 sperate displays?

The Apache Role Demo will be a separate display to the Commando Assault.
Typhoon15

Postby Andyperkins on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:02 pm

Typhoon15 wrote:
CrowdlinePhotography wrote:2013 was my best year. Last year wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't for so many cancellations. Hopefully if this year avoids the cancellations (although you can't help them) and experiences warm weather, 2015 will beat all previous years. There's such an even variety of different aircraft. One more flypast would top it off, perhaps a Voyager? Will the Role Demo be longer then 10 minutes due to the aircraft splitting into 2 sperate displays?

Think he is referring to the French Role Demo but sounds like all four will be up at once taking part in the same demo and not the Rafales doing a demo and then the Super Entendards.
Andyperkins

Postby Typhoon15 on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:33 pm

Andyperkins wrote:
Typhoon15 wrote:

Think he is referring to the French Role Demo but sounds like all four will be up at once taking part in the same demo and not the Rafales doing a demo and then the Super Entendards.

Yes sorry, Role demos everywhere this year.

Yes the Rafale M Pair and SEM Pair will Display a Four Ship Routine for the First Time outside of France.
Typhoon15

Postby VLAD on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:36 pm

French Navy Role Demo will be a 4 ship display.
VLAD

Postby Typhoon15 on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:46 pm

VLAD wrote:French Navy Role Demo will be a 4 ship display.

Thanks for the Quick Reply, Will they be Parked on the Active Dispersal near the Crowd-line?
Typhoon15

Postby VLAD on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:09 pm

Plans still being finalised but very likely they'll positioned in the fly/static park.
VLAD

Postby Andyperkins on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:25 pm

Typhoon15 wrote:

Thanks for the Quick Reply, Will they be Parked on the Active Dispersal near the Crowd-line?

Going to be a great photo opportunity, 3x Rafales and 3x Super Etendards parked up next to each other :smile:
Andyperkins

Postby Typhoon15 on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 7:39 am

Hopefully next to the Typhoons.
Typhoon15

Postby A40-BP on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 9:05 am

Andyperkins wrote:
Typhoon15 wrote:

Going to be a great photo opportunity, 3x Rafales and 3x Super Etendards parked up next to each other :smile:

Where have you recieved confirmation they are bringing spares!?

A40
With dumb bombs and retarded bomblets, why don't they just use stupid missiles?
A40-BP

Postby Typhoon15 on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 9:32 am

A40-BP wrote:
Andyperkins wrote:
Typhoon15 wrote:

Where have you recieved confirmation they are bringing spares!?

A40

A40, in the what are you looking Forward to Thread, Air Day themselves posted that the French Navy will bring a spare of each type.
Typhoon15

Postby CrowdlinePhotography on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 10:06 am

Yes sorry I meant the French Role demo. I just hope their display is longer than a 10 minute slot. I think the ALCA will be parked up on the other side of the airfield because of the use of pyros...hopefully.
CrowdlinePhotography

PreviousNext

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days