Yeovilton air display timings question

Yeovilton air display timings question

Postby Thatch on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:52 pm

Hi

Does anyone know what kind of running order to be expected ... very sadly seems that I may have to leave at 1530 .. missing the last hour of flying displays.

Any idea what I might miss if we take this option ? I'm new to the show and can't find any kind of running order or times looking online

Also, do the traffic and queues to leave start early or would a 1530 escape be fairly smooth and quick compared to the end of day ?

Thanks very much
Thatch

Re: Yeovilton air display timings question

Postby Thatch on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:32 pm

Thatch wrote:Hi

Does anyone know what kind of running order to be expected ... very sadly seems that I may have to leave at 1530 .. missing the last hour of flying displays.

Any idea what I might miss if we take this option ? I'm new to the show and can't find any kind of running order or times looking online

Also, do the traffic and queues to leave start early or would a 1530 escape be fairly smooth and quick compared to the end of day ?

Thanks very much

I'm thinking of using Hunter car park by the way
Thatch

Postby Downes0106 on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm

The key thing you'll miss is the Commando Assault, which is a great part of the show I'm afraid. I've only been twice before, but most people seem to stay until the end, so you should have a quick getaway.
Scott

Canon EOS7D, with 30D Back-up
Canon 100-400MM IS, 70-200MM plus some wide-angle/macro stuff
Downes0106

Postby CrowdlinePhotography on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:35 pm

If you park in the phantom car park (I believe), you'll get a good view from the car park as it's on the end of the runway.
CrowdlinePhotography

Postby sopwithflyer on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 6:24 am

Thatch.

I never stay for the commando assault (its not my thing and more for the public) so always leave before that / the end. There are quite a few people leaving at that time. I usually park in Phantom and there is a little slow moving traffic but 10-15 minutes to get out. any earlier than that you will almost definitely be fine.

As for the schedule not sure when that comes out and I guess that's what you want to know.. cant help you there
Last edited by sopwithflyer on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sopwithflyer

Postby Logster on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:07 am

I've also left before the assault a couple of times as the kids have given up in the heat and its been fine getting out.
Logster

Postby Andyperkins on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:30 am

The only guarantee is that the Commando Assault will end it, everything else is a mystery at the moment.
Andyperkins

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days