Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 2:52 pm

Anyone seen/heard the Mig in UK airspace??
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby alpha586 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 3:23 pm

Did all the French turn up as only saw 2 rafale and 3 etendards before I was shepherded out??
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
User avatar
alpha586

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 3:35 pm

alpha586 wrote:Did all the French turn up as only saw 2 rafale and 3 etendards before I was shepherded out??

Off base already??

Don't they do the evening walk around the static anymore?
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby Wissam24 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 3:36 pm

Nope.

Looking forward to seeing the Scorpion, hopefully with some space around it!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 3:38 pm

Blimey, didn't realise that!

Last time I went, it was a case of walk around the static, bussed over the the far side for the demo aircraft and then off to the Jungie line-up.

How times change...........
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby CrowdlinePhotography on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 3:45 pm

No Mig could suggests it's having issues. I seriously hope not.
CrowdlinePhotography

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby captainfurious on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 3:49 pm

What was French Demo like? So glad their feet are on the ground! Roll on 5am tomorrow...
User avatar
captainfurious

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby Andyperkins on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 3:50 pm

CrowdlinePhotography wrote:No Mig could suggests it's having issues. I seriously hope not.


Even if it is having trouble right now could still arrive tomorrow morning so need to start fretting just yet.

For those in the know, did the E-3 Sentry turn up?
Andyperkins

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby Thumper on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:25 pm

Yes the Sentry turned up, photo's on the RNAS Yeovilton Movements Facebook page.
User avatar
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby Wissam24 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:27 pm

I can't believe it made it. Will be great to see it, do they do tours and stuff?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:32 pm

French Navy 5186 inbound
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:33 pm

Thumper wrote:Yes the Sentry turned up, photo's on the RNAS Yeovilton Movements Facebook page.


Could you post a link please Thumper?
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby capercaillie on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:34 pm

Wissam24 wrote:I can't believe it made it. Will be great to see it, do they do tours and stuff?


But why, its a RAF one isn't it?
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby james908 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:36 pm

captainfurious wrote:What was French Demo like? So glad their feet are on the ground! Roll on 5am tomorrow...


Thought the French Navy demo was superb, they were a Rafale short making it a three-ship display, but low level airfield beating was the order of the day. Was great to finally see the Etendard's, people heading down tomorrow are in for a treat.
User avatar
james908

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm

Wissam24 wrote:I can't believe it made it. Will be great to see it, do they do tours and stuff?

The last time I saw a NATO E3 at Yeovilton, it was open to the public to walk through.

Whether they still allow it though, is another question!
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:46 pm

Is the E3 in standard NATO markings, or was it the special marked one??
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby Mooshie1956 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:47 pm

captainfurious wrote:What was French Demo like? So glad their feet are on the ground! Roll on 5am tomorrow...


Enjoy your lie in, 4am start for me.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
User avatar
Mooshie1956

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby capercaillie on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm

seacat192 wrote:Is the E3 in standard NATO markings, or was it the special marked one??


According to the list its in very special markings, its a RAF one.
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:57 pm

capercaillie wrote:
seacat192 wrote:Is the E3 in standard NATO markings, or was it the special marked one??


According to the list its in very special markings, its a RAF one.


Could be wrong, but I thought the RAF E3 cancelled a few months back, and was replaced later by a NATO example?? :dunno: :dunno:
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby MRTT on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:58 pm

seacat192 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
seacat192 wrote:Is the E3 in standard NATO markings, or was it the special marked one??


According to the list its in very special markings, its a RAF one.


Could be wrong, but I thought the RAF E3 cancelled a few months back, and was replaced later by a NATO example?? :dunno: :dunno:


It is a NATO example, pictures on Flightline.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
User avatar
MRTT

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby Wissam24 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 4:59 pm

Mooshie1956 wrote:
captainfurious wrote:What was French Demo like? So glad their feet are on the ground! Roll on 5am tomorrow...


Enjoy your lie in, 4am start for me.


Half 6 for me!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby capercaillie on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:03 pm

BrizeWatcher wrote:
seacat192 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
seacat192 wrote:Is the E3 in standard NATO markings, or was it the special marked one??


According to the list its in very special markings, its a RAF one.


Could be wrong, but I thought the RAF E3 cancelled a few months back, and was replaced later by a NATO example?? :dunno: :dunno:


It is a NATO example, pictures on Flightline.


Fair enough, just going from the list on here of arrivals saying E3D, which would be RAF, looks like a tiger tailed Noggie F-16 on static, but picture is quite dark.

Are all the Super Etendards camo ones, or any all grey ones present?
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby Thumper on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:18 pm

seacat192 wrote:
Thumper wrote:Yes the Sentry turned up, photo's on the RNAS Yeovilton Movements Facebook page.


Could you post a link please Thumper?


Here is the link :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/729017350496693/

Facebook doesn't allow you to embed images anymore but the Sentry arrival shot (from a distance) was taken by Darren Day, this link will hopefully bring that up

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
User avatar
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby seacat192 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm

Thanks for the info Brizewatcher and Thumper
User avatar
seacat192

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals 2015

Postby krustydave on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:01 pm

See you on the "naughty side" @ 10:30 just before the flying starts...have a good day all.
Nikon D3100
70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR DX
150-500mm Sigma f/5-6.3 OS
User avatar
krustydave

PreviousNext

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests