Yeovilton Air Day 2016

Yeovilton Air Day 2016

Postby Trenethick on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 6:58 pm

its been confirmed today as Saturday 2nd July
Trenethick

Re: Yeovilton Air Day 2016

Postby frank on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 3:40 pm

Did anyone else receive a survey questionnaire from Yeovilton regarding this years photocall day.
Some of the questions posed might suggest they have had such negative feedback this year that they are considering their options on continuing this.
frank

Postby trebleone on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:52 am

frank wrote:Did anyone else receive a survey questionnaire from Yeovilton regarding this years photocall day.

I did .........

Some of the questions posed might suggest they have had such negative feedback this year that they are considering their options on continuing this.

... they certainly need to do something different, as this year's photocall was very disappointing.
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby VLAD on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm

... they certainly need to do something different, as this year's photocall was very disappointing.

For some, yes, especially if you are comparing it to what's been on offer in recent years. Unfortunately, that's no longer possible and believe me we tried.

There was a strong possibility we would withdraw the facility altogether but the survey results were actually very positive from the newbies and even from some of the regulars. Therefore, the revised format will be retained with some minor tweaks for 2016 and we'll review again post show. We appreciate it's not the ideal format but the circumstances are very different now and will only become more difficult in the future. We still wanted to offer something rather than nothing and hope you will see it as such.
VLAD

Postby 81TFW on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 1:59 pm

Thanks VLAD. Appreciate the difficulties on an active airfield.

Looking forward to next year!
81TFW

Postby VLAD on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 5:00 pm

Earlybird Tickets and Packages now on sale. :whistle:

http://bit.ly/AirDay16EB
VLAD

Postby MRTT on Sat 28 Nov 2015, 12:53 am

Swordfish Enclosure tickets booked, looking forward to it! :yahoo:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
MRTT

Postby Stagger2 on Sat 05 Dec 2015, 1:31 am

81TFW wrote:Thanks VLAD. Appreciate the difficulties on an active airfield.

The easiest way to overcome all the 2015 & recent previous issues is to have an "Active Sheep-field".....Sorted!! :butt:
Stagger2

Postby benji1867 on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 10:18 am

tickets purchased, hotel booked
benji1867

Postby somerset on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:17 pm

Stagger2 wrote:
81TFW wrote:Thanks VLAD. Appreciate the difficulties on an active airfield.

The easiest way to overcome all the 2015 & recent previous issues is to have an "Active Sheep-field".....Sorted!! :butt:

Àmen !!!
somerset

Postby John boy on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 4:13 pm

VLAD wrote:

For some, yes, especially if you are comparing it to what's been on offer in recent years. Unfortunately, that's no longer possible and believe me we tried.

There was a strong possibility we would withdraw the facility altogether but the survey results were actually very positive from the newbies and even from some of the regulars. Therefore, the revised format will be retained with some minor tweaks for 2016 and we'll review again post show. We appreciate it's not the ideal format but the circumstances are very different now and will only become more difficult in the future. We still wanted to offer something rather than nothing and hope you will see it as such.

Hope one of the 'tweaks' will be some marshaling in the early arrivers holding car park to prevent the free for all disaster seen in the last couple of years once the gate opens.
Flickr - Manx John

Sony A77ii Sony A77
SAL 70-400 G11
SAL Zeiss 24-70
Tamron 11-18
Uniden UBC125XLT

RIAT
Yeovilton
John boy

Postby rich1876 on Thu 28 Jan 2016, 4:29 pm

No F-35????
rich1876

Postby Andyperkins on Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:18 pm

rich1876 wrote:No F-35????

F-35 is only attending RIAT and Farnborough.
Andyperkins

Postby Jakesplanes on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 3:59 pm

I've enjoyed following these forums as a guest for some months now, my excitement of the forthcoming season has compelled me to join, so hello! Last year was my first arrivals day and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff tried their hardest to keep us informed of aircraft movements, the weather was great, and I got some fantastic shots.
I'm a little disappointed at the negativity of many on the various forums. It may have been better in the old days, but on its own merit the opportunity to sit comfortably and watch myriad types land in front of you was well worth the entry fee. Also I object to comments about the free for all entry. I was very quickly in and secured a front row seat. I obviously wanted it more. Thank you for all the efforts and time spent on the weekend, I for one thoroughly enjoyed every minute and I'm already booked for this year. Don't change a thing.
IG profile "jakesplanes"
Jakesplanes

Postby trebleone on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 12:01 pm

Jakesplanes wrote: Also I object to comments about the free for all entry. I was very quickly in and secured a front row seat.

The 'free for all' comment is referring to the shambles in the 'holding area' car park, where no attempt is made to control the cars trying to get through the gate when it opens; so a dozen or more lines of cars form up, all pushing to get in front of each other - the total lack of control means that many who arrive early and wait patiently for an hour or more are caught up in the melee and beaten through the gate by aggressive late arrivers.
All that is needed is proper marshalling to organise the traffic in the holding car park to ensure that cars go through the gate in the order that they arrive - this would eliminate the anger and frustration that many are feeling before they even get onto the base.
For you to "object" to the comment, I can only assume that you were lucky enough to be near the front of the log-jam at the vehicle entry gate and so were oblivious to the absolute chaos behind you.
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby rich1876 on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 12:17 pm

Andyperkins wrote:
rich1876 wrote:No F-35????

F-35 is only attending RIAT and Farnborough.

I should have explained myself further Andy, I'm surprised the F35 is not attending Yeovilton given the Navy will be flying it, seems a missed opportunity to me. Still going though
rich1876

Postby Andyperkins on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:17 am

RIAT has been the debut for new aircraft in the past so not that surprising they don't want that honor to go to a small somerset show lol
Andyperkins

Postby MRTT on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 6:07 pm

RAF Typhoon confirmed! :clap:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
MRTT

Postby frank on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 8:25 am

trebleone wrote:
Jakesplanes wrote: Also I object to comments about the free for all entry. I was very quickly in and secured a front row seat.

The 'free for all' comment is referring to the shambles in the 'holding area' car park, where no attempt is made to control the cars trying to get through the gate when it opens; so a dozen or more lines of cars form up, all pushing to get in front of each other - the total lack of control means that many who arrive early and wait patiently for an hour or more are caught up in the melee and beaten through the gate by aggressive late arrivers.
All that is needed is proper marshalling to organise the traffic in the holding car park to ensure that cars go through the gate in the order that they arrive - this would eliminate the anger and frustration that many are feeling before they even get onto the base.
For you to "object" to the comment, I can only assume that you were lucky enough to be near the front of the log-jam at the vehicle entry gate and so were oblivious to the absolute chaos behind you.

Totally agree about the free for all, one idiot in a 4x4 was shouting "demolition derby" as he inched his car ahead of mine. I declined to play chicken with my new car and waited until he had passed. It will cause accidents and arguments I am sure if nothing is done.
frank

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:24 pm

Red Arrows confirmed
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby MRTT on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 3:44 pm

Viggen and Draken down as TBC! :drool:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
MRTT

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 4:01 pm

It doesn't mean anything. Remember they had Cosford down last year when Cosford had turned them down.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby MRTT on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 4:05 pm

Wissam24 wrote:It doesn't mean anything. Remember they had Cosford down last year when Cosford had turned them down.

Yep, happens every year!
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
MRTT

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 3:55 pm

Lancaster - RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Flying)
Spitfire - RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Flying)
Hurricane - RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Flying)
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby MRTT on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 4:03 pm

Good to see most RAF assets there this year! :clap:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth