Arrivals Day - Car Parking query

Arrivals Day - Car Parking query

Postby The Star of Woo on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 8:28 pm

Can anyone tell me how far from the on base Arrivals Day Viewing Enclosure is from the car park and if there is a separate disabled car park. Am just wondering whether my mobility scooter would be needed or if I could walk the distance with my sticks. Have not done the arrivals day before so am somewhat in quandary about what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.
The Star of Woo

Re: Arrivals Day - Car Parking query

Postby K213 on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 8:50 pm

Previous years has had the parking behind the marquee, so very close to the enclosure.

Access to cars during the day has been possible, so convenient to leave some equipment etc in the car if you choose to do so.

If the arrangements remain the same, then it is probable you would only need your sticks.

Hope you enjoy the day.
K213

Postby 81TFW on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 8:50 pm

If it's like two years ago, the last time I went to Arrivals Day the on base car park is right behind the enclosure. You'd have maybe 200 yards max over rough grass. The bigger issue is that I don't recall any allocated parking - and as discussed getting from the holding point to the car park has been a manic free for all in the past.

Hope that's helpful.
81TFW

Postby The Star of Woo on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:46 am

Thanks ever so, much appreciated. Fingers crossed I'll be able to use my sticks as getting my scooter too and fro is a bit of an ordeal. Fingers crossed now for good weather.
The Star of Woo

Postby Stagger2 on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:41 pm

Contact Air-day 2016 ahead of the day & get a Senior person to arrange special dispensation for your needs. This could be an emailed Pass or whatever? If you leave it until the day, there is rarely anybody 'on the ground' with Authority to make the Decision.
Whether your current inability to walk is permanent or temporary, it's incumbent on the Organisers to provide facilities for you under the former Disability Discrimination Act, now the Equality Act 2010. :up:
Stagger2

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days