2017 Yeovilton Airday

Re: 2017 Yeovilton Airday

Postby boff180 on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 4:37 pm

St, regulations are regulations and if that's what the organisers have been told they need to do to satisfy RA2335 then so be it.

Blame the rules, not the organisers - they either follow them or there is no show.

People may not like it but it's what we're stuck with for the next few years at least.
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby Pringles on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 4:49 pm

wezgulf3 wrote:
Pringles wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:Anyway onto tomorrow. Did the French Atlantique or Danish Lynx arrive yet?

It sounds like the Atlantique has cancelled :sad:

That's a real shame if true!

Wes...

The organising team have responded to a question on FB to confirm the cancellation
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic
Pringles

Postby zigzag on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 4:50 pm

boff180 wrote:

Why can't we be treated as adults in this country?

Easy to see why foreign events are so much more attractive to increasing numbers.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT
zigzag

Postby Go4Long on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 6:16 pm

They very strictly enforce the show box in most North American shows too, sorry to disappoint.

And I think anyone whinging about the value of arrivals day is either over estimating the value of £13 or just being silly. I'll take what we got today over two Big Mac meals any day.

Anyone who stuck around off base later also got treated to a truly awesome dissimilar formation of two danish Helos with their F-16 In a very high alpha pass.
Last edited by Go4Long on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go4Long

Postby Tommy on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 6:31 pm

Pringles wrote:
wezgulf3 wrote:
Pringles wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:Anyway onto tomorrow. Did the French Atlantique or Danish Lynx arrive yet?

It sounds like the Atlantique has cancelled :sad:

That's a real shame if true!

Wes...

The organising team have responded to a question on FB to confirm the cancellation

damn :sad:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby techniquest on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 6:42 pm

It's a real bummer about the Atlantique; it's always the one you look forward to the most that cancels :(
Meanwhile, does anyone have flying times for the displays tomorrow please?
techniquest

Postby soloturk on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm

That's alright then!

So far none of the ones I want to see appear to have cancelled, not that I can see. I'd rather a prop go rather than a jet. I am going for the Typhoon, Rafale and Hawks, so as long they are there, should be a good show :clap:
soloturk

Postby Jakesplanes on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 9:14 pm

The Danish F16 display was savage too. Pretty much Constant vapour. I have to admit that even i struggled to feel good about arrivals. Other than the Danes and the Tiger Rafale there was literally nothing new. Everything i was after came earlier or cancelled. They didnt provide a water point and when i tried to buy some, didnt take cards. So i was trapped in the sun for 5 hours with no water. Maybe I've become used to everywhere taking cards in Europe, but to have a hospitality company at a place like that which doesnt take cards is unnacceptable.
IG profile "jakesplanes"
Jakesplanes

Postby Go4Long on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 9:15 pm

soloturk wrote:That's alright then!

So far none of the ones I want to see appear to have cancelled, not that I can see. I'd rather a prop go rather than a jet. I am going for the Typhoon, Rafale and Hawks, so as long they are there, should be a good show :clap:

The danish and Belgian F-16 demos this year are both full of smash. And the Rafale demo looked awesome from outside the field. All in all it's shaping up to be a very fine show day.
Go4Long

Postby soloturk on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 9:30 pm

Go4Long wrote:
soloturk wrote:That's alright then!

The danish and Belgian F-16 demos this year are both full of smash. And the Rafale demo looked awesome from outside the field. All in all it's shaping up to be a very fine show day.

Top notch :up:
soloturk

Postby Andyperkins on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 10:37 pm

Jakesplanes wrote:The Danish F16 display was savage too. Pretty much Constant vapour. I have to admit that even i struggled to feel good about arrivals. Other than the Danes and the Tiger Rafale there was literally nothing new. Everything i was after came earlier or cancelled. They didnt provide a water point and when i tried to buy some, didnt take cards. So i was trapped in the sun for 5 hours with no water. Maybe I've become used to everywhere taking cards in Europe, but to have a hospitality company at a place like that which doesnt take cards is unnacceptable.

Sadly it seems to be the norm, plenty of events I have attended have had caterers that are cash only.
Andyperkins

Postby Chrisse on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 5:29 am

Andyperkins wrote:
Sadly it seems to be the norm, plenty of events I have attended have had caterers that are cash only.

One of my biggest gripes with one of the major event caterers in Belgium too, alongside the lack of variety in their offering which has become the norm elsewhere in Europe. In this day and age, there's really no longer an excuse, people expect the convenience.
Chrisse

Postby Adie1980 on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 7:57 am

Anyone know if there's a live stream of today's airshow? Planes TV or anything?
I'm sure I remember watching it online last year

EDIT - Just found it on Planes TV live on YouTube, was looking at the wrong Planes TV channel :facepalm:
Attending Yeovilton Air Day 2018, RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
Adie1980

Postby Adie1980 on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 10:03 am

Anyone got a running order for today's displays?
Attending Yeovilton Air Day 2018, RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
Adie1980

Postby st24 on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 10:49 am

Adie1980 wrote:Anyone got a running order for today's displays?

Just seen it on Twitter. Last item is 6x F53E Tiger Sharks......... :facepalm:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby 197cup on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 10:51 am

It's absolute madness down by the reds, they've put the crowd line to close to the back of the Reds and instead of moving two of the jets they're trying to move 200+ people. It's getting a bit squashed down here :sad:
197cup

Postby G-CVIX on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 11:44 am

The scrum between bag checks and main entrance when they opened the gates was one of the more pathetic events I've witnessed since I started attending airshows.

Might as well have been Takeshi's Castle!
G-CVIX

Postby st24 on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 11:54 am

G-CVIX wrote:The scrum between bag checks and main entrance when they opened the gates was one of the more pathetic events I've witnessed since I started attending airshows.

Might as well have been Takeshi's Castle!

Why the hell can't they open the bloody gates earlier, it just turns into a free for all..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 11:59 am

Adie1980 wrote:EDIT - Just found it on Planes TV live on YouTube, was looking at the wrong Planes TV channel :facepalm:

https://youtu.be/T7DCU3aNRSk

If anyone's interested
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Adie1980 on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 12:23 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:
Adie1980 wrote:EDIT - Just found it on Planes TV live on YouTube, was looking at the wrong Planes TV channel :facepalm:

https://youtu.be/T7DCU3aNRSk

If anyone's interested

The livestream is very very temperamental grrrr :mad:
Adie1980

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 12:31 pm

The joys of it being a satellite feed
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby 197cup on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 1:39 pm

Danish F16 deserves an award :clap:
197cup

Postby G-CVIX on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 2:30 pm

Danish F-16 and French Rafale Pair were incredible.

RAF Typhoon was distinctly meh, with some big gaps between passes.
G-CVIX

Postby G-CVIX on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 3:48 pm

Traffic management is non existent in Vixen right now. It would be a "free for all" but right now it's a "sit and do nothing for all".
G-CVIX

Postby farnboroughrob on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 4:12 pm

Just back, left when the Czech Gripen was on. Was too hot and my dad is now 77 and really feels the heat. Got into Hurricane car park about 8:45, only a 10 min queue at security check at 09:15. Good varied static and hangar displays. Loved the Meteors, navy Wings line up and Danish and French Lynx. Really wanted to see the Mig 15, and the arrows, as I had not seen them for 3 years. Belgian F-16 was great with flares and top sides. Only disappointment was where have all the helicopters gone from the pan by the museum? Normally plenty of helicopters operating from here but just the air Ambulance. Overall a good day out.
Oh and the star for the spotter in me was the Austrian Skyvan, awesome! :tumbleweed:
farnboroughrob

PreviousNext

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days