yeovilton - swordfish parking

yeovilton - swordfish parking

Postby fastandloud on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 8:38 am

Can anyone tell me how far away the parking is from the Swordfish enclosure ? Is it easy to get back to the car to get anything / get some respite from the sun / rain ! Thanks. :question:
fastandloud

Re: yeovilton - swordfish parking

Postby Trenethick on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 9:47 am

fastandloud wrote:Can anyone tell me how far away the parking is from the Swordfish enclosure ? Is it easy to get back to the car to get anything / get some respite from the sun / rain ! Thanks. :question:

Looking at the traffic plan map there is no mention of the Swordfish car park, is this the name for the VIP car park?
Trenethick

Postby trebleone on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 9:47 am

In previous years, car parking for the enclosures and grandstand has been on-base, behind the enclosures; so assuming it's the same this year, from 'Swordfish', you should have easy access to your car throughout the day :)

EDIT: - Very difficult to find on the Air Day website, but if you go to the Disabled Facilities section of the page and download the 'Access Statement', there's a map of the showground at the bottom of the pdf document that shows where the enclosures car park is - immediately behind the enclosures (top left of the map).

As an aside, I notice that they've re-named car-park 'F' to 'Harrier' .... in previous years, it was 'Hunter'.
Last edited by trebleone on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby Mike on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 9:48 am

It's where they park all their broken Swordfish aircraft as they need the hangar space for serving tea and biscuits. :lol:

That was half a million quid of LIBOR fine money well spent. :roll: http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-la ... -swordfish
Mike

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days