2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby tuska2 on Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:16 am

Me neither! even the weather gods will surely want to take a day off for this one!
tuska2

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby davidjones533 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:44 pm

PARTICIPATION UPDATE:

G 120TP – QinetiQ (Static)
H125 – QinetiQ (Static)
Falcon 50M – French Navy (Flying) but replacing the Atlantique 2 which has cancelled
F-16BM Fighting Falcon – Royal Danish Air Force (Static) - in addition to the display aircraft.
User avatar
davidjones533

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Tommy on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:48 pm

Second time in a row the FN Atlantique binning it. The Falcon 50 is rare as all hell, so great effort from the French Navy to replace it but still...

I was really looking forward to that Atlantique. Alas. :sad:
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Andyperkins on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:58 pm

That is a shame about the Atlantique but providing a replacement aircraft certainly takes some of the sting out of it :smile:
Andyperkins

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby davidjones533 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:58 pm

Me too - I was gutted last year and am gutted again.

However, every cloud etc. so credit to them for offering a replacement, and for that replacement to be itself quite rare and interesting.
User avatar
davidjones533

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Tom105 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:00 pm

Real shame about the atlanticque still yet to see one however the falcon is a nice addition look forward to it!
Thomas
Tom105

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby The Baron on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 3:33 pm

Falcon 50 suits me! Rare as anything to get a flying display from one so I'm happy. Saw the Atlantique at La Ferté Alais anyway...
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Andyperkins on Mon 11 Jun 2018, 8:54 pm

Looks like they are bringing some of the museum pieces out for static display...

Sea Hawk FGA6 – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Wasp HAS1– Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Sea King HAS5 – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Wessex V – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Andyperkins

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby vulcanshammer on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 11:01 am

Andyperkins wrote:Looks like they are bringing some of the museum pieces out for static display...

Sea Hawk FGA6 – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Wasp HAS1– Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Sea King HAS5 – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Wessex V – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)


Lovely stuff, do we know if the Sea Hawk is WV908?
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better
User avatar
vulcanshammer

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby capercaillie on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 11:36 am

vulcanshammer wrote:
Andyperkins wrote:Looks like they are bringing some of the museum pieces out for static display...

Sea Hawk FGA6 – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Wasp HAS1– Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Sea King HAS5 – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Wessex V – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)


Lovely stuff, do we know if the Sea Hawk is WV908?


That one is stored at Shawbury until they can find time/funds to fix it I thought.
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby vulcanshammer on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 11:59 am

capercaillie wrote:
vulcanshammer wrote:
Andyperkins wrote:Looks like they are bringing some of the museum pieces out for static display...

Sea Hawk FGA6 – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Wasp HAS1– Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Sea King HAS5 – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)
Wessex V – Fleet Air Arm Museum (Static)


Lovely stuff, do we know if the Sea Hawk is WV908?


That one is stored at Shawbury until they can find time/funds to fix it I thought.


Thanks, I didn't know that. What a delight it would be to see her and the Sea Vixen back in the air together.
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better
User avatar
vulcanshammer

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Andyperkins on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 3:07 pm

Not sure when it happened but noticed these have cancelled...

L-159 ALCA - Czech Air Force
C-130J-30 Hercules - Royal Norwegian Air Force
Andyperkins

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Andyperkins on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 4:38 pm

Meteor T7 x 2 – Martin-Baker (static)

Martin-Baker Aircraft Company Limited will be displaying two Gloster Meteor T7s at Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton’s Air Day on 7 July. We’re delighted to host another appearance from this super-rare pair that have influenced decades of fighter development.
Andyperkins

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby JJC on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 11:18 pm

Just to confirm, as it’s my first time visiting the show, are tickets sent out in the post rather than being print at home?

I’m sure it’s been discussed before but I can’t seem to find it.

Many thanks
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Go4Long on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 2:53 am

JJC wrote:Just to confirm, as it’s my first time visiting the show, are tickets sent out in the post rather than being print at home?

I’m sure it’s been discussed before but I can’t seem to find it.

Many thanks


They're sent out. I got mine in the mail in Canada on Monday.
User avatar
Go4Long

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby JJC on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 8:23 am

Go4Long wrote:
JJC wrote:Just to confirm, as it’s my first time visiting the show, are tickets sent out in the post rather than being print at home?

I’m sure it’s been discussed before but I can’t seem to find it.

Many thanks


They're sent out. I got mine in the mail in Canada on Monday.


Thank you for the confirmation! One less thing to worry about :grin:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Wissam24 on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 10:42 am

Re Arrivals day:

Opening times extended to 1530 (+30 mins) in order to view some rehearsals!
✈️ Rehearsals will include RCAF CF-18 Hornet, Cocarde Marine Formation and FN Rafale Pair.
✈️ Arrivals will include P-3C Orion, P-8A Poseidon, C-17 Globemaster, E-3 Sentry.
✈️ Q & A with the Flying Display Director – Here’s your chance to find out how regulatory changes impact airshows, why we can and can’t do somethings compared to other shows and how we plan our big day.
✈️ Grandstand will be open (seats can’t be reserved but there should be plenty available).
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby PirateTrickster on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 1:35 pm

As a Yeovilton newbie the arrivals day looked tempting until I looked at a map - it looks like the crowd will be facing south so shooting straight into the sun. Had a bit of a mare with the sun at Cosford this year (first time I've been when it's been sunny!) and wondered if Yeovilton has the same challenge?
PirateTrickster

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby harkins on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 2:03 pm

It's an excellent airshow on a terrific base but you're quite right, it's very challenging for photography. It gets a bit easier later in the day but the arrivals day time slot spans the worst of the day in that respect.
User avatar
harkins

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby ChrisShaw on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 2:53 pm

Yeovilton is a real challenge for photography shooting into the sun for the most part of the day. The commando assault isn't too bad though as the sun comes round a bit by then.
Chris Shaw Aviation and Wildlife Art
http://www.shaw-arts.co.uk
User avatar
ChrisShaw

Previous

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests