2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Re: 2018 Yeovilton Air Day

Postby Andyperkins on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 10:50 am

ted633 wrote:BBMF on at 16.05. Looks like just 1 Spitfire with the Dakota instead of 2

Seeing as Yeovilton was missing off their recent event list I am glad they are still coming in any form.
Andyperkins

Postby shaggy101 on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 11:05 am

Wissam24 wrote:Fleet Air Arm Museum!

That's now the plan, cheers Sam
Dan,
shaggy101

Postby The Baron on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 11:38 am

shaggy101 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:Fleet Air Arm Museum!

That's now the plan, cheers Sam

Well worth it. There are some rare and unique aircraft on display, not to mention the carrier exhibit
Edit: I think you may get a reduced entry fee with an Air Day ticket..
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 11:54 am

The Baron wrote:Edit: I think you may get a reduced entry fee with an Air Day ticket..

Yep, there is a little card that comes with your Air Day tickets that gives you 50% reduced entry for up to four people to the Fleet Air Arm Museum, from 1st July to 31st December 2018.
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby R4118 on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 2:04 pm

hi all,

This is my first time to Yeovilton and I was looking for something like a showground map (like the one for RIAT), but don't seem to find anything. Anybody an idea where to find this? Just to have an idea about the layout of the grounds.

It seems there are some arrivals on the showdate itself. Anybody know what to expect? Mostly RAF related or private owned aircraft I presume??

gr

Peter

Brazil - Belgium : 2 - 3
Frisian Flag
La Ferté-Alias
APROC
Yeovilton
RIAT
Biggin Hill
KB
Duxford
R4118

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 3:07 pm

R4118 wrote:This is my first time to Yeovilton and I was looking for something like a showground map (like the one for RIAT), but don't seem to find anything. Anybody an idea where to find this? Just to have an idea about the layout of the grounds.

https://www.navywings.org.uk/wp-content ... ay-map.pdf
Won't be much different this year.

R4118 wrote:It seems there are some arrivals on the showdate itself. Anybody know what to expect? Mostly RAF related or private owned aircraft I presume??

Mostly private I believe. Went in 2016 and don't recall anything noteworthy arriving.
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 5:12 pm

Jakub.Zurek wrote:
R4118 wrote:It seems there are some arrivals on the showdate itself. Anybody know what to expect? Mostly RAF related or private owned aircraft I presume??

Mostly private I believe. Went in 2016 and don't recall anything noteworthy arriving.

How wrong was I :lol:

Red Arrows have posted their schedule for the weekend:

Arrive at RNAS Yeovilton – 10:45
Depart from RNAS Yeovilton – 13:00
Display Yeovilton Air Day – 13:05
Arrive at RNAS Yeovilton – 13:30
Depart RNAS Yeovilton – 16:22
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby PirateTrickster on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 6:18 pm

Arrivals day ticket not arrived. I admit I was a little late ordering one (this Monday), however speaking with the ticket people they have it as being sent Tuesday. Sadly it has not turned up here. I've phoned them and they advised buying on the gate (which I didn't think you could do) and sending in the stub for a refund. I did say I didn't think I could get a ticket on the gate although they were fairly adamant.

Any suggestions? I don't think I'll even be let in the holding car park without a car pass. Do the museum have anything to do with the Airshow? Could I approach them and explain the situation tomorrow morning in the hope of a successful resolution?
PirateTrickster

Postby Trenethick on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 7:15 pm

PirateTrickster wrote:Arrivals day ticket not arrived. I admit I was a little late ordering one (this Monday), however speaking with the ticket people they have it as being sent Tuesday. Sadly it has not turned up here. I've phoned them and they advised buying on the gate (which I didn't think you could do) and sending in the stub for a refund. I did say I didn't think I could get a ticket on the gate although they were fairly adamant.

Any suggestions? I don't think I'll even be let in the holding car park without a car pass. Do the museum have anything to do with the Airshow? Could I approach them and explain the situation tomorrow morning in the hope of a successful resolution?

The museum have nothing to do with the airshow, the show is organised by AHA
Trenethick

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 7:22 pm

Could you use your order confirmation email/reference number and show that to gain access?
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby R4118 on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 8:03 pm

Thanks for the map.
I noticed a carpark right behind the enclosures.
Is this only for the vip or also for those with enclosure tickets?
Frisian Flag
La Ferté-Alias
APROC
Yeovilton
RIAT
Biggin Hill
KB
Duxford
R4118

Postby trebleone on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 8:18 pm

R4118 wrote:Thanks for the map.

VIP and enclosure pass holders - Lynx, Swordfish & Flightline car-parking is on-base, behind the enclosures.
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby Paul_Reflex on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 8:19 pm

R4118 wrote:Thanks for the map.

It's for the enclosures too, lynx and swordfish I think.
Paul_Reflex

Postby PirateTrickster on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 8:32 pm

Jakub.Zurek wrote:Could you use your order confirmation email/reference number and show that to gain access?

I never got an email (oddly), although could get the reference number from the ticket people (they confirmed the order is on their system). Lets see how I get on. I knew I should have stuck with the original Middle Wallop plan.
PirateTrickster

Postby trebleone on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 8:48 pm

This has been posted on the (unofficial) Air Day FB group:
Nick Jacques

Ladies and gents, would appreciate if you can spread the word in relation to the ‘Sheep Field’ - I know I have met with some of you over the last few days and explained already and will do the same at arrivals day- but any enthusiasts/photographers presence in said field, under revised CAA and MAA guidelines could constitute a second party gathering in the eyes of the FDD/FDC. If this is the case we will have to cease display activity, practice or not, until cleared. I’m sure you want to enjoy the displays as much as we want to put them on so any help you can give by spreading the word would be very gratefully received, we have worked hard to validate a number of foreign acts early in order to liven up AD by mixing some in with scheduled arrivals.
If you are at arrivals day, please say hello, I will be over between 1030-1200 to answer Display and regulation related questions you may have.
Above all, have a great Friday and Saturday !!
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby techniquest on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 8:53 pm

Looking forward to this show (as ever).
Does anyone know the approximate flying display times please? So far I've got Reds around 1-ish and BoB around 4. Cheers.
techniquest

Postby Adie1980 on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 9:50 pm

First timer at Yeovilton, can anybody tell me if the museum is open on Saturday at all?
Attended Yeovilton Air Day 2018, RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
Adie1980

Postby tankbuster on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 10:46 pm

Adie1980 wrote:First timer at Yeovilton, can anybody tell me if the museum is open on Saturday at all?

yes but whether you get the time in a busy day to do it justice is debatable
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby Adie1980 on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 5:17 am

tankbuster wrote:
Adie1980 wrote:First timer at Yeovilton, can anybody tell me if the museum is open on Saturday at all?

Ok thank you.
It's more a potential source of shelter for tomorrow if needed, my brother is bringing his little boy along and we don't really know how he is going to deal with the heat!
Attended Yeovilton Air Day 2018, RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
Adie1980

Postby tankbuster on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 6:26 am

Adie1980 wrote:
tankbuster wrote:

Ok thank you.
It's more a potential source of shelter for tomorrow if needed, my brother is bringing his little boy along and we don't really know how he is going to deal with the heat!

there's usually a few large hangars open
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby rdchawk on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 7:19 am

Anyone know if planestv are streaming the crowd coverage and random bits of sky at Yeovilton?
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby farnboroughrob on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 9:27 am

Belgian F-16's just passed farnborough inbound. german Navy P-3 following
farnboroughrob

Postby Paul_Reflex on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 10:59 am

The Danish F-16 Just rehearsed. Absolutely fantastic display! The scheme on the tail is excellent too. It's a rippled Danish flag.
Paul_Reflex

Postby G-CVIX on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 11:35 am

Paul_Reflex wrote:The Danish F-16 Just rehearsed. Absolutely fantastic display! The scheme on the tail is excellent too. It's a rippled Danish flag.

Agreed, personally I think it is the best of the F-16 displays on the circuit.
G-CVIX

Postby farnboroughrob on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 12:01 pm

Lithuanian Mil Mi-8 just passed Farnborough...
farnboroughrob

PreviousNext

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days