Arrivals day tickets on sale

Arrivals day tickets on sale

Postby Berf on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:54 pm

The Arrivals Day on Friday 6 July is your chance to view some of the aircraft that will be taking part in the flying and static displays arriving at RNAS Yeovilton in preparation for Air Day.

Visitors will have access to a dedicated viewing enclosure and the grandstand along the crowdline between 10:30am and 3:00pm.

Entry Time: 10:30am to 11:30am

For safety reasons, enthusiasts must remain in the dedicated area for the duration of their stay although access to your vehicle is permitted.

Exit will be permitted from 2:30pm and visitors will be directed to leave the establishment at 3:00pm so that vital preparations for Air Day can be completed.

The static display or other areas of the airfield will not be available for viewing on this day.

A provisional programme listing aircraft movements will be issued on arrival. Please note this is subject to change due to weather, serviceability or operational commitments that are out of the hands of the organisers. There may be periods where there is little or no activity.

The wind direction will determine which runway is used and aircraft choosing to arrive from the west will be asked to taxi to the eastern end. It is solely at the discretion of the aircraft captain if they wish to accept this request.

Garden seating, toilets and pay-as-you-go refreshment facilities are available.

Tickets are priced at £13 in advance or £10 before 31 January. Places will be limited and tickets are not available to purchase on the day.
Berf

Re: Arrivals day tickets on sale

Postby Wissam24 on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:57 pm

Huh, I had thought there wasn't one this year for some reason?

Still somewhat useless hours.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby capercaillie on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:15 pm

Yep, still utterly useless, and throw you out before some of the good stuff arrives! :down:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby rdchawk on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:25 pm

Complete waste of money
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Paul_Reflex on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:29 pm

I have to disagree with the view that the arrivals day is useless. It's certainly not as good as it was a few years ago, but the Friday always provides some good opportunities. Last year they had even brought some order to the demolition derby.

It can be a bit quiet, not all of the participants arrive during the period and it's a pain that the rehearsals and evening static access are no more. It's only a tenner and it sure beats being at work though!
Paul_Reflex

Postby Berf on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:50 pm

rdchawk wrote:Complete waste of money

Not if it's sunny, the French rehearse at 2pm and it rains all the next day :smile:
Berf

Postby The Baron on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 5:34 pm

It's a no from me. Compared to the relative civility of the sheep field the bun fight that is Yeovilton arrivals just isn't worth the time. And I can bet now that the French will turn up between 2:30 and 3, as per normal.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby Go4Long on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 1:12 pm

It's slightly more than a Big Mac meal...in fairness, that's a pretty reasonable price.
Go4Long

Postby The Baron on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm

Go4Long wrote:

It's slightly more than a Big Mac meal...in fairness, that's a pretty reasonable price.

Only if stuff comes in during the window of opportunity, and only if it lands on 27. Otherwise you're paying to sit in a pen and watch...nothing.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby Go4Long on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 3:53 pm

Go to McDonald's, get Big Mac meal. Spend afternoon on toilet.
Spend 10, see jets.

I have spent way more on way less.
Go4Long

Postby G-CVIX on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 8:16 pm

Despite what I say every year, I'll buy a ticket. Taking a few photos and a wander around the museum is a good "warm up" when Yeovilton is my traditional season starter.

I don't understand why the public can't be in the field all day (the "waiting" field where we assemble before driving into the enclosure). It doesn't seem to interfere with operations at all there. It's not in the flight path. The view is fine, assuming that end is in use. Same fee, park and view, I don't understand the issue.

Ah well, at least there is something of an arrivals day.
G-CVIX

Postby Harvo266 on Sun 20 May 2018, 4:07 pm

I can see why everyone moans but as a newbie last year, I went with a clear head to see how good/bad it was. I personally really enjoyed it, it was £10 or whatever and we had a good few hours of action, had the 2 Rafale's do a mini beat up on arrival, C-17 depart/arrive, many different teams and jets arrive with missed approaches, touch and goes etc. At one point I sat there with beer in hand while F-16's/Gripen's arrived, sun shining and just thought 'How can anyone moan at this'. Yes...it is annoying they kick you out before the main stream of practices but they were more than happy to allow viewers in the FAAM carpark which provided a good enough view to watch, but perhaps not photograph.
Shuttleworth SP
Torbay
Cosford
Weston
Yeovilton
RIAT
FIA
Eastbourne
Bournemouth
Ostrava
Duxford

Nikon D500
Harvo266

Postby Stagger2 on Tue 22 May 2018, 4:25 pm

When it's all you've ever known, how can you miss what you never had? :dunno:
In the 'Good Times' even though you were still shooting into the sun, you got to move location, see GOOD varied items from various Air Arms & stick around to photograph the static before the 'barrier to death' brigade started!
Small wonder at the apathy of the previous generation towards VL Arrivals? :smile:
Stagger2

Postby trebleone on Tue 22 May 2018, 5:42 pm

... and in the 'Good Times' before the bridleway closures, you could spend the day in the 'sheep field', shooting arrivals with the sun behind you, then go on-base at the last entry time, around 17:00 (ish) to get the un-cluttered statics in the evening.
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Postby AMB on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 10:42 pm

trebleone wrote:... and in the 'Good Times' before the bridleway closures, you could spend the day in the 'sheep field', shooting arrivals with the sun behind you, then go on-base at the last entry time, around 17:00 (ish) to get the un-cluttered statics in the evening.

.... the 'good times' are gone and now we have 'the bad times' completely ruined by the civilian-run Yeovilton bean counters and H&S rules! :wall:
Adrian
AMB

Postby Stagger2 on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 1:36 pm

Ay! That was "in them far-off days of the Figaro Club before the world turned lax and sour".
Crikey. Yoof of today never had it so good!
Except when it comes to aviation, whereby they're stuffed!
Stagger2

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 2:23 pm

Of course, it's the "back in my day" generation that are actually bringing these restrictions in in the first place...
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby capercaillie on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 8:00 am

Wissam24 wrote:Of course, it's the "back in my day" generation that are actually bringing these restrictions in in the first place...

Is it?

Have we got a list of all the ages of the individuals concerned? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby st24 on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 8:37 am

Wissam24 wrote:Of course, it's the "back in my day" generation that are actually bringing these restrictions in in the first place...

What a bizarre statement!! You'll be blaming brexit on us next!! :roll:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Stagger2 on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 9:03 am

You're quite correct! All those geriatric arsewipes climbing-up & sitting on the approach-light fencing & Yeovilton & Waddington. Zimmer-frames all over the field choking sheep to death & don't even get me started on the incontinence issues!!
Perhaps it would've been better if the Aliens kept you, rather than returning you to Earth after all that bad-stuff they did ? :lol:
Stagger2

Postby The Baron on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 11:52 am

What a bizarre comment.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby harkins on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 8:33 am

Is Sam not saying that it's the older 'back in my day generation' that are bringing in these changes in the literal sense? I.e. they are the ones writing all the new regulations and standards for health and safety? Not that it is their behaviour that has caused it? Just thought that it might have been taken in the wrong context.
harkins

Postby Wissam24 on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 9:24 am

harkins wrote:Is Sam not saying that it's the older 'back in my day generation' that are bringing in these changes in the literal sense? I.e. they are the ones writing all the new regulations and standards for health and safety? Not that it is their behaviour that has caused it? Just thought that it might have been taken in the wrong context.

There it is!
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby st24 on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 9:24 am

harkins wrote:Is Sam not saying that it's the older 'back in my day generation' that are bringing in these changes in the literal sense? I.e. they are the ones writing all the new regulations and standards for health and safety? Not that it is their behaviour that has caused it? Just thought that it might have been taken in the wrong context.

Oh I see, I must admit when I attend H&S seminars, conferences and the like I do feel very much at home as it's all 50+ year old blokes talking about bloody women and the yoof of today. There is no one under 30 involved in H&S.
Whatever the context its still a barmy statement... :dizzy:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days