Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Tom105 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 8:43 am

Date confirmed as 13th July 2019! :yahoo:
Thomas
Tom105

Re: Royal Navy International Air Day 2019

Postby Finningley Boy on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 10:17 am

I see it's being billed as the Royal Navy International Air Day, I'll therefore ask a really stupid question, is it actually being held at Yeovilton? :cuppa:

Only I heard a whisper, or read somewhere, about Yeovilton getting a runway resurfacing or something such nonsense? Therefore, Culdrose? :wink:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby MingtheMerciless on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 10:39 am

Finningley Boy wrote:I see it's being billed as the Royal Navy International Air Day, I'll therefore ask a really stupid question, is it actually being held at Yeovilton? :cuppa:

Only I heard a whisper, or read somewhere, about Yeovilton getting a runway resurfacing or something such nonsense? Therefore, Culdrose? :wink:

FB :biggrin:

Email, received this morning, states the Air Day is being held at RNAS Yeovilton in 2019.
MingtheMerciless

Postby Wissam24 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 12:34 pm

"The subtle but significant name change reflects this but also our aspiration to build on the growing reputation of the airshow by attracting further participation by foreign naval air arms and maritime aircraft."

I mean, it's already pretty much right up there on that front, so they must be really bold!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby MiG_Eater on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 1:08 pm

Surely that's the Indian Navy Mig-29Ks all but confirmed?
MiG_Eater

Postby 106500 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 8:48 am

Seeing as Culdrose airdays seem to have been all but abandoned (a most unfortunate and regrettable change in policy) perhaps the overall title of this thread should change?

Postby boff180 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 6:20 pm

So what's the betting this clashes with Legends?
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby Tom105 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 7:08 pm

boff180 wrote:So what's the betting this clashes with Legends?

100% it will clash so yeovilton Saturday legends Sunday by the look of it.
Thomas
Tom105

Postby capercaillie on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 1:28 pm

Wissam24 wrote:"The subtle but significant name change reflects this but also our aspiration to build on the growing reputation of the airshow by attracting further participation by foreign naval air arms and maritime aircraft."

I mean, it's already pretty much right up there on that front, so they must be really bold!

Good grief, trying to become the excellent airshow it was from the 70s to the 90s, what a crazy idea! :dizzy:

Can they not see the market leader that Farnborough is and go for the seaside line up at £50 a head, huge gaps in the display and shuttle buses in. Fools.
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 1:38 pm

They just don't *get* airshows
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Mike on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 7:30 pm

Tom105 wrote:

100% it will clash...

I wasn't aware that any official announcement has been made regarding Flying Legends 2019.
Mike

Postby UKAirshowTour on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 10:50 pm

Mike wrote:
Tom105 wrote:

100% it will clash...

I wasn't aware that any official announcement has been made regarding Flying Legends 2019.

But legends has been on the second weekend in July for years so it is quite likely
UKAirshowTour

Postby Hammy on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 9:39 pm

Not sure if Yeovilton/RNIAD do themes, but a '100 years of Eric Brown' event featuring aircraft that he flew would offer an interesting and diverse Navy-heavy display which charts some quite considerable evolutionary jumps in aviation history. Looking through the rather expansive list, there's plenty to choose from and quite a number of said aircraft are either quite achievable or already on the display circuit, so not in the realms of fantasy.

That said, I'm fully expecting the National Air and Space Museum's Arado 234B to be on static display :grin:
Author, visionary, dreamweaver... Plus actor.

Threshold.aero
PSnet gallery
Hammy

Postby CJS on Thu 11 Oct 2018, 11:24 am

Hammy wrote:Not sure if Yeovilton/RNIAD do themes, but a '100 years of Eric Brown' event featuring aircraft that he flew would offer an interesting and diverse Navy-heavy display which charts some quite considerable evolutionary jumps in aviation history.

Or, put more simply, 'aircraft'...
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days