Camping near Yeovilton?

Camping near Yeovilton?

Postby MiG_Eater on Wed 26 Dec 2018, 1:12 pm

Just wondered if any had any recommendations for local campsites usable for the airshow.
MiG_Eater

Re: Camping near Yeovilton?

Postby Xray833 on Wed 26 Dec 2018, 1:46 pm

MiG_Eater wrote:Just wondered if any had any recommendations for local campsites usable for the airshow.

I believe there is a campsite at the base. I`ve never used it so don`t know the details.
Xray833

Postby Trenethick on Thu 27 Dec 2018, 11:55 am

Xray833 wrote:
MiG_Eater wrote:Just wondered if any had any recommendations for local campsites usable for the airshow.

I believe there is a campsite at the base. I`ve never used it so don`t know the details.

There's a caravan site but not to my knowledge a campsite for tents, no doubt VLAD can clarify this
Trenethick

Postby Trenethick on Thu 27 Dec 2018, 11:57 am

Just a thought there is a campsite/caravan site at Chilthorne Domer, on the road to Yeovil, next to the Halfway House pub, a easy drive to the airfield from there
Trenethick

Postby hedgerowops1 on Thu 27 Dec 2018, 12:36 pm

There's Long Hazel campsite in Sparkford which is a stone's throw from the Sparkford Inn :yahoo: which is very handy for yeovilton and a drink after.
Chris
hedgerowops1

Postby Jakesplanes on Thu 27 Dec 2018, 1:27 pm

I’ll rent out my step dads garden in Somerton to campers for a fair price. There’s usually some food on the bird table and a pond to drink out of/wash in. Free ride to the show, dm for deets.
IG profile "jakesplanes"
Jakesplanes

Postby G-CVIX on Sun 30 Dec 2018, 5:30 pm

I've stayed at Halfway Caravan and Camping site and Thorney Lakes. Can recommend both. :)
G-CVIX

Postby VLAD on Fri 04 Jan 2019, 5:01 pm

Trenethick wrote:
Xray833 wrote:

There's a caravan site but not to my knowledge a campsite for tents, no doubt VLAD can clarify this

That's correct Trenethick. Long Hazel seems to be the preferred campsite by many visitors but other campsites are available!
VLAD

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days