Static

◦Swordfish (S) - RHNF, Yeovilton

Further to above re Apache - now confirmed as

◦Apache AH1 (F) 7Regt, Wattisham
Where there's a will there is always a way

138EAW

Re: 2011 Participation

Post by 138EAW »

Shame the Swordfish isn't flying. But will be great to seen on static and arrivals/ departures
Gary

bigsav

Post by bigsav »

Further static update

◦Hawk T1 (S)- 208 Sqn, RAF Valley

Chef_uk

Post by Chef_uk »

Don't think I've ever seen a swordfish before. has one been to waddo before?

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

seems to be another static :down: :down: :down: would rather have more flying updates instead
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

bigsav

Post by bigsav »

seems to be another static would rather have more flying updates instead

I am assuming the flying is pretty much done - SF has responded on a few requests for the Sea Vixen that budget is spent - however this may be specifically for that aircraft and there are some funds - who knows....... but saying that I would be happy that there are no more cancellations prior to the show..

youth

Post by youth »

It possible for Silent flight to confirm if we can expect any updates/additions or is it a case of what we see is what we get? I understand its tough getting aircraft to shows not helped with current situations, a lack of RAF aircraft types etc but Static looks like it could be lacking in numbers somewhat hope this means aircraft will be parked with photography in mind. I know that often aircraft have been parked sensibly while others have been crammed in with barriers been placed to close to aircraft for decent shots. Ps could do with another fast jet in flying display!
Regards Youth

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

What about moving the preserved Lightning F6 into a position so people can photograph it or is it too difficult to move from its present position?? just a thought!

JohnF

Post by JohnF »

youth wrote:hope this means aircraft will be parked with photography in mind.

Thought the area where the Transall, Gripen, Bryza etc were parked last year worked well and allowed for excellent static shots without too much clutter in the background. Hopefully this area will be used again this year.

bigsav

Post by bigsav »

Interesting discussion on facebook re potential Nimrod farewell....anyone on here in the know?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=57631054756&v=wall

bigsav

Post by bigsav »

although above now put to bed.....................from facebook

The R1's will not be flying at the airshow. This is a decision from the MOD and not the CAA. After the airshow they will be moved to new homes elsewhere at a date to be confirmed

JonHare

Post by JonHare »

I had a look on the facebook link and thought the CAA thing was absolute rubbish. :roll:

The CAA hasn't anything to do with the Nimrod's as they are military, thought there was a big clue in the title CAA which is Civil. :wall:

They have no juristriction over military aircraft.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

51 Squadron desperately wanted to fly at the show to give the Nimrod a proper send off but the airframes simply don't have enough hours left. Be grateful we've got both on the static.

Chef_uk

Post by Chef_uk »

that's weird then cause I thought the CAA did have juristic over military as it was them who wont allow UAVs flying over uk airspace (so I was led to believe).

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Jumbojet380 wrote:51 Squadron desperately wanted to fly at the show to give the Nimrod a proper send off but the airframes simply don't have enough hours left. Be grateful we've got both on the static.

Good to know that our top secret :ninja: intelligence gathering unit is keeping the air cadets briefed on all the important matters. :wink: :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

bigsav

Post by bigsav »

3rd Pod Cast online - Mr David Cameron providing introduction.................

Hoping the only air worthy spitfire that flew in the BOB will be in BBMF display............

Still no further indication of additions to flying...............

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

Folks, unless something completely out of the blue pops up, there will be no further additions to the flying display. There is over 7 hours there already, with movements in between.

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

Have you got an answer as to whether a simple Typhoon flypast would be possible? Would be no great hardship to them. Just wont be the same without it :(

JohnF

Post by JohnF »

LarryElite wrote:Have you got an answer as to whether a simple Typhoon flypast would be possible? Would be no great hardship to them. Just wont be the same without it :(

I think SF has already answered your question in his last post.

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

JohnF wrote:
LarryElite wrote:Have you got an answer as to whether a simple Typhoon flypast would be possible? Would be no great hardship to them. Just wont be the same without it :(

I think SF has already answered your question in his last post.

Well not really because the flypast from Belgium last year only popped up out of the blue in the final days before last years show. A flypast which doesnt involve any practice or require a significant time slot could quite easily be added if it was made available.

Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Anyone know if The Thunderbirds will be displaying for both days or not?

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

It might be a hardship to the air and groundcrew who have to give their weekend off up to provide your simple flypast..

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Pebble wrote:Anyone know if The Thunderbirds will be displaying for both days or not?

Yes both days.

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

parsley wrote:

It might be a hardship to the air and groundcrew who have to give their weekend off up to provide your simple flypast..

That makes perfect sense :question: This may come as a surprise to you but the RAF dont only work monday to friday. I was asking SF whether they had got an answer as to whether it was allowed or not because of all the red tape that surrounds it. At the end of they day its the display season and thats what happens. Jesus.

PhilW

Post by PhilW »

LarryElite wrote:This may come as a surprise to you but the RAF dont only work monday to friday.

Actually, they do only work Monday to Friday - hence the reply you received. Nothing to do with red tape.