Evening Airshows

Re: Evening Airshows

Postby Mike on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 10:12 am

Elliott Marsh wrote:Worth noting the Snipe and BE2e are scheduled to appear at the July evening airshow (the Saturday of RIAT). Fingers crossed!

...and both have now been granted CAA Permits to Fly within the past few days, so are no longer having to operate on their New Zealand registrations under a temporary CAA exemption. :clap:
Mike

Postby Talldan76 on Sun 09 Jul 2017, 11:18 am

Just bought my ticket for next Saturday (missed the last one :( )
Talldan76

Postby svas_volunteer on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 8:49 am

List for Saturday is online

Special ops: Lysander
Biplane Trainers: Po2, Hawker Tomtit, Tiger Moth, Avro Tutor,
Blackburn B2
Gliders: Fauvel, Kirby Kite, EoN Primary
Fighters: Sea Hurricane 1B
Monoplane Trainers: Chipmunk, Miles Magister x 2
WWI Sopwiths: Pup, Dove, Triplane, Snipe
Lightweights: Hawker Cygnets x 2, Aeronca, ANEC
WWI: BE2e, Bristol F2.b, Bristol M1C, SE5a
Edwardians*: Deperdussin, Bristol Boxkite, Avro Triplane, Blackburn Monoplane

If the weather behaves it should be a good show
These are my individual views and not to be taken as official posts from The Shuttleworth Collection or The SVAS
svas_volunteer

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

Decent list, but no big draw for me like there was at the last show with the Hurricane debut. Probably give this one a miss.

Next big thing I'm on the lookout for is AR501. :love:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
Big Cheese Mk.II

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 9:10 am

Sopwiths are the standout on the list.

Three gliders is excessive. One per show should be the maximum, as close to "filler" as we get at OW.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby Ryan. on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 4:06 pm

The Snipe is sat very firmly in the hangars at the moment. :sad:
Ryan.

Postby Talldan76 on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 10:36 pm

A great show today - weather was a bit naff for the first couple of hours, but when that sun came out for the last hour or so...!!!

From the lovely Sea Hurricane opening the show, to the bouncy Comet doing a go round, finishing with the lovely Lysander displaying in the last embers of the dying light.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and it certainly won't be the last Evening show I attend at Old Warden!
Talldan76

Postby Ryan. on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 11:08 pm

A good display. The M1c had a bit of moment, clipping the hedge before landing but happily down safe.

However much I love Shuttleworth, and that's a lot of as a venue, it does irritate that they simply don't explain cancellations, aircraft go tech (especially old ones) but the Sopwith Snipe was to be the highlight of the show for me and not a mention as to why it didn't display. It really wouldn't hurt to run through why, even if it is just as simple as, "the Snipe has unfortunately gone tech".
Ryan.

Postby MUSTANG on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 9:16 am

Ryan. wrote:A good display. The M1c had a bit of moment, clipping the hedge before landing but happily down safe.

However much I love Shuttleworth, and that's a lot of as a venue, it does irritate that they simply don't explain cancellations, aircraft go tech (especially old ones) but the Sopwith Snipe was to be the highlight of the show for me and not a mention as to why it didn't display. It really wouldn't hurt to run through why, even if it is just as simple as, "the Snipe has unfortunately gone tech".

It was mentioned that the Snipe would not bit taking part during the start of the display..

Peter
MUSTANG

Postby Ryan. on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 8:55 pm

MUSTANG wrote:
Ryan. wrote:A good display. The M1c had a bit of moment, clipping the hedge before landing but happily down safe.

It was mentioned that the Snipe would not bit taking part during the start of the display..

Peter

Must have missed it. Did they happen to mention why?
Ryan.

Postby MUSTANG on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 6:51 pm

Ryan. wrote:
MUSTANG wrote:

Peter

Must have missed it. Did they happen to mention why?

No just that it was sick, going by the blanket and metal trays underneath it so sort of oil leak. I was also looking forward to seeing it fly, fingers cross it may appear at a later show.

Peter
MUSTANG

Previous

Return to Old Warden Air Displays