May 6th - Season Premiere & RAF centenary

May 6th - Season Premiere & RAF centenary

Postby Chris G on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 10:36 pm

A few snippits have been released on the opening display of Shuttleworths season. Visitors hope to include the BBMF, Spitfire 1a, Spitfire IX MH434 and the Bristol Blenheim. Shuttleworth hope to have Spitfire Vc AR501 displaying and the debut of their Sopwith Camel. Lots more to be added obviously, but a great start.
Chris G

Re: May 6th - Season Premiere & RAF centenary

Postby County1884 on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:47 pm

If there's nothing else added that will do for me :smile:
County1884

Postby Tom105 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 9:30 am

From Shuttleworth Website for premiere show
Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vc (debut display)
Blériot XI
Avro Triplane
Bristol Boxkite
Deperdussin
Blackburn Monoplane Type ‘D’
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Triplane
Bristol F2.b
RAF SE5A
Avro 504K
Sopwith Camel
Hawker Tomtit
Avro 621 Tutor
DH82a Tiger Moth
Blackburn B2
Miles Magister
Hawker Demon
Gloster Gladiator
Westland Lysander
Miles Magister
Hawker Sea Hurricane 1B
Avro C19 Anson
DHC Chipmunk T.22
Hunting (Percival) Piston Provost T.1
VISITING AIRCRAFT
Visiting Aircraft to be confirmed
Thomas
Tom105

Postby AlexC on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:26 pm

That will do for me! :smile:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:50 pm

Yes that looks great, would love to see the Camel debut :shock:
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby Ryan. on Wed 04 Apr 2018, 7:27 pm

IWM's Spitfire Mk1, OFMC Spitfire Mk9, BBMF Lancaster and ARCo Blenhiem NF11 added. :clap:
Ryan.

Postby Tommy on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 10:36 am

God this show looks good. I'm vexed that I can't attend. :sad:

Also, just for reference, but it's "Season Premiere" not "Premier". I see a lot of people miss out the last "e".

The former means the first performance of something, the latter means the most important of something. Pedantry? Perhaps, but if that's what OW want to call it, then call it by its proper name.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Chris G on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 8:46 pm

Further additions to the first show of the year at OW.
Scottish Aviation Bulldog
Slingsby T.21
EoN Olympia
Radar Kite
Venture

To be honest i was hoping for a bit more given the title of the show, maybe a JP or Gnat and would have liked to see something from the present day RAF, i read that they were really hoping for something from them given the RAF Centenary theme.
Chris G

Postby Ryan. on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 2:22 pm

Chris G wrote:would have liked to see something from the present day RAF, i read that they were really hoping for something from them given the RAF Centenary theme.

A shame but hardly a surprise unfortunately. Shuttleworth have seen the Red Arrows in previous years, perhaps they were aiming/hoping for an appearance from them?
Ryan.

Postby PirateTrickster on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:54 am

Ryan. wrote:
Chris G wrote:would have liked to see something from the present day RAF, i read that they were really hoping for something from them given the RAF Centenary theme.

A shame but hardly a surprise unfortunately. Shuttleworth have seen the Red Arrows in previous years, perhaps they were aiming/hoping for an appearance from them?

It's possible that they were going to get the Reds but the incident at valley means their season isn't starting till June, although the BBMF are sending the Lanc so there is RAF representation. I think it's a great line-up. I have a choice between coming to this or going to a tap dancing show in London........Bedfordshire it is!
PirateTrickster

Postby clearstone on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:42 am

Even before the Valley accident, the Reds were not due to complete their PDA before mid-May.
clearstone

Postby Ryan. on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 4:32 pm

PirateTrickster wrote:
Ryan. wrote:

It's possible that they were going to get the Reds but the incident at valley means their season isn't starting till June, although the BBMF are sending the Lanc so there is RAF representation. I think it's a great line-up. I have a choice between coming to this or going to a tap dancing show in London........Bedfordshire it is!

Agreed, it's a great line up. Would have just liked something from the modern RAF, even on static, just to represent the RAF 100 theme.
Ryan.

Postby BrawlerO on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 4:42 pm

Trying to decide between this and Abingdon, wish one was on the Bank Holiday Monday...
Shuttleworth is my fave venue but Abingdon is only ten minutes up the road. Think I’ll see what the weather looks like, if great I’ll head to Bedfordshire.
BrawlerO

Return to Old Warden Air Displays