2009 Dates

2009 Dates

Postby itfcscott on Sat 01 Nov 2008, 3:00 pm

Does anyone know what the dates will be for next years shows?
itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Re: 2009 Dates

Postby AMB on Tue 23 Dec 2008, 11:30 am

Have you thought about checking the Shuttleworth website regularly?

http://www.shuttleworth.org/shuttleworth_events.asp

No one on here is going to know before they announce them :whistle:
Adrian
AMB

Postby ChrisG on Tue 23 Dec 2008, 8:24 pm

Looks like they will be having a couple of bigger military pageant displays during July and August, admission price for these have been put up to £25 per adult on the gate, i hope for that price they have quite a few decent visiting warbirds. The July show will have a 'naval theme' so fingers crossed for the RNHF and a few TFC 'cats' in fact depending on the line up i may well come down from ooop north for one of them.
ChrisG

Postby itfcscott on Tue 30 Dec 2008, 9:55 am

I could not find them on the Shuttleworth website, so thanks for the link.

Going to the show on July 5th,as it means Saturday Waddington, Sunday Shuttleworth. :biggrin:
itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Postby Ben Montgomery on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 9:27 am

Not sure if anyone has seen these yet, so:

Spring Air Display: 3rd May 2009
First Evening Air Display: 16th May 2009
Summer Air Display: 7th June 2009
Second Evening Air Display: 20th June 2009
Military Pageant Air Show (With Naval Feature): 5th July 2009
Third Evening Air Display: 18th July 2009 - site says 18th June but assume this is a mistake as it also says 18/07/2009.
Military Pageant Air Show: 2nd August 2009
Fourth Evening Air Display: 15th August 2009
The Original Fly Proms Concert: 22nd August 2009
Shuttleworth Pageant Air Display: 6th September 2009
Fifth Evening Air Display: 26th September 2009
Autumn Air Display: 4th October 2009
Ben Montgomery

Postby AMB on Thu 22 Jan 2009, 11:50 am

With Northolt, Coventry and Newark arranging 'night photo shoots', I am very surprised Shuttleworth haven't caught on to this extra fund raiser? The Hind, Gladiator and Tutor would look superb floodlit!
AMB

Postby Rob Leigh on Thu 22 Jan 2009, 12:20 pm

AMB, we do, however, have evening shows which provide some really great lighting when the weather decides to smile upon us.

At shows early and later in the year it usually goes dark before we've put everything away so it's not beyond the bounds of possibility to arrange for particular aeroplanes to be placed where they can be photographed to best advantage. I'll sound out whether we could set something up during the season and I'll let you know what we come up with.

You'll find that if you hang around after the shows you can grab some good shots of the aeroplanes in the dark as they're standing at the top of the field or whilst they're infront of the hangars waiting to be put away. The opportunities are there, although they're sometimes brief.

The Hind should look particularly good with some light on her, we got her all blinged up a couple of weekends ago http://forum.planetalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=7368

Rob Leigh
Shuttleworth Collection Airside Photography Cooordinator.
Rob Leigh

Postby AMB on Mon 16 Mar 2009, 12:58 pm

Rob Leigh wrote:AMB, we do, however, have evening shows which provide some really great lighting when the weather decides to smile upon us.

At shows early and later in the year it usually goes dark before we've put everything away so it's not beyond the bounds of possibility to arrange for particular aeroplanes to be placed where they can be photographed to best advantage. I'll sound out whether we could set something up during the season and I'll let you know what we come up with.

You'll find that if you hang around after the shows you can grab some good shots of the aeroplanes in the dark as they're standing at the top of the field or whilst they're infront of the hangars waiting to be put away. The opportunities are there, although they're sometimes brief.

The Hind should look particularly good with some light on her, we got her all blinged up a couple of weekends ago http://forum.planetalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=7368

Rob Leigh
Shuttleworth Collection Airside Photography Cooordinator.

Thanks Rob. I put this to Shuttleworth and Julie replied saying this would be on the agenda of the next events meeting. Taking photos in fading light is not quite the same as having specially placed floodlights with the aircraft being run up in completely dark conditions, so hope they take this suggestion up.
Adrian
AMB

Return to Old Warden Air Displays