Re: Military Pageant 30th June

Post by Mike »

st24

:tongue2:

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Wot he said :lol:
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

Rob Leigh

Post by Rob Leigh »

st24 wrote:In fact a wonderful day apart from the company.......! :ninja:

It's always good to meet the odd aviation legend at an airshow. It was a pleasure to meet an odd aviation legend at Old Warden yesterday.

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Rob Leigh wrote:

It's always good to meet the odd aviation legend at an airshow. It was a pleasure to meet an odd aviation legend at Old Warden yesterday.

The best company was absent yesterday, that's why! :wink: :biggrin:

Jimbo27

Post by Jimbo27 »

TonyO wrote:First ever Old Warden, and I'll definately be back, easily one of the best UK venues, beautiful location and so close to the flying!

A helicopter show there please! :smile:

Tony, if you have never done it before, then I'd urge you to go to an evening show when the weather is good, (possibly this Saturday!) As the sun goes down behind the hangars you get a lovely light over the display, plus if it is a still evening you get the Edwardians...magical... :smile:

krustydave

Post by krustydave »

My first airshow outting this year and I loved it.
The missus and I both enjoyed our day, can you believe I've been using a "propper camera" now
for over 2 years and sunday was the first time I've been to an airshow with sunshine ALL DAY in that time,
and i've been to a fair few. Despite the sun the day was quite frustrating for me photographically...Im really out of practice with the camera, and therefore most of my shots leave alot to be desired!
I suppose shooting at low shutter speeds after a long hiatus wasnt the best idea! I really struggled holding focus on the blue Spitfire against the blue sky! And I got NO shots worth keeping of the Gladiator :( But thats not to distract from what was a really excellent show.

Highlights for me were the Hawker Hind ( I think its really one of the most beautiful aircraft out there...)
and the F-86A sabre was cracking too, first time I've seen it display (saw a couple of flypasts at little gransden),
the sunlight glinting off the leading edges and air intake was great. Its low fast run in made the hairs stand up!
Shame about the WW1 and Early aircraft, but I've been to Old Warden enough to know they are a bonus and not to expect to see them fly.

Not the first time and certainly not the last time I'll be there. :up:
Well worth the 3 hr drive. First time I've seen a Condor aswell!
Nikon D3100
70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR DX
150-500mm Sigma f/5-6.3 OS

st24

Post by st24 »

Rob Leigh wrote:

Yes the pleasure really was all yours... :smile: It was good to liase :wink: with you all......!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

st24

Post by st24 »

Kieran wrote:The best company was absent yesterday, that's why! :wink: :biggrin:

yeh I missed capercaillie too..... :kiss:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

st24 wrote:the guvna Mr Hoefling on the mic :worship: :worship

I hadn't cottoned on to the fact that that was Mr. Hoefling....his hair has turned white since the last time that I saw him, and he's a little fuller of figure!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP