How do Shuttleworth do it?

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
strangelookingalien

How do Shuttleworth do it?

Post by strangelookingalien »

What an amazing day I have just had at the final show of the year.

With SVAS membership (at £25.00 per year) I got in today for £12.00... Had I paid another £10.00 I could have visited the flightline walk at every airshow this year (Duxford charge £6.00 a day)!

The show had variety - fast jets, gliders, military, civilian - and with almost every aircraft having some sort of major historical value.

The flying was close, low and exciting without ever being unnecessarily dangerous.

Getting in was easy. Getting out was easy.

How do Old Warden manage to succeed where so many airshows fail?

Well done to all at Shuttleworth! :clap:

Kokpit

Re: How do Shuttleworth do it?

Post by Kokpit »

I have to agree whole-heartedly, probably the best air show I have been to, when you take in all the points you've already made above. :-)

Kev.

Orion

Post by Orion »

strangelookingalien wrote:What an amazing day I have just had at the final show of the year.

How do Old Warden manage to succeed where so many airshows fail?

Well done to all at Shuttleworth! :clap:

I agree most wholeheartedly with these comments, but it wasn't always like this! There seems to be a new dynamism about at Old Warden this year with much more imaginative programming of the shows. I left at around 5.40: I have a viral infection which gave me aching legs, back and feet, it was also chilly by then so I decided it was time to go home.

I very good show, quite outstanding, and long may the Shuttleworth's adventuresome spirit continue, I don't think I 've seen so many Miles aircraft on one aerodrome since the 1960s!

Regards

neilos

Post by neilos »

With Shuttleworth only being about 30-40mins from me, ashamed to say, I've never been.

Keep meaning too, and after reading posts like these, it always seems to be a good show.... :clap:

Is it always busy, as per Duxford, what's generally the best time to get there on an airshow day. I know Duxford you have to be there quite early(ish), is Shuttleworth the same?

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

neilos wrote:Is it always busy, as per Duxford, what's generally the best time to get there on an airshow day. I know Duxford you have to be there quite early(ish), is Shuttleworth the same?

Turn up a couple of minutes before the flying kicks off, you'll be pleasantly be surprised....

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Yesterday was my only visit this season :sad:, having planned to go to two shows earlier in the year that were blighted by bad weather - at least one was actually cancelled. An excellent show.

I did queue for a bit to get in but nothing terrible, (say 10 mins) and decided against taking a chance getting out so left about 4.45 to make sure. The car park was as full as I've ever seen it.

My only gripe, there's always one, is the ridiculous inefficiency in the cafeteria. They are just completely understaffed. It's as though no one told them it was a show day and to expect more punters. I queued for about 25 mins just to get into the cafeteria itself. Most of the delay was caused by them having only one till open :wall: Come on Shuttleworth, get a grip. It has to be said the same applies at Duxford where the staff in the cafeterias always look bewildered and overwhelmed too!

Rant over - but a very good day's flying.

Andy :smile:

Orion

Post by Orion »

Blackbird wrote:...

My only gripe, there's always one, is the ridiculous inefficiency in the cafeteria. They are just completely understaffed. It's as though no one told them it was a show day and to expect more punters. I queued for about 25 mins just to get into the cafeteria itself. Most of the delay was caused by them having only one till open :wall: Come on Shuttleworth, get a grip. It has to be said the same applies at Duxford where the staff in the cafeterias always look bewildered and overwhelmed too!

Always worth taking your own, then not only do you not have to queue, but you don't miss anything! The quality can be better too.

Regards

Harybald

Post by Harybald »

Super shots sir. Just a small observation but the lynx is xz651 not that I collect numbers. Regards Ian
Thatdresses offer cheap wedding dresses under 100 pound Visit our site now thatdresses.co.uk limited time offer buy now.

1- http://www.thatdresses.co.uk/wedding-dresses

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Harybald wrote:Super shots sir. Just a small observation but the lynx is xz651 not that I collect numbers. Regards Ian

Huh? :dunno: :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

sideeffectwhu

Post by sideeffectwhu »

Is it hard to get to from the nearest rail station.

Thanks

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

sideeffectwhu wrote:Is it hard to get to from the nearest rail station.

Thanks

On foot it would be however there is a shuttle bus that runs between Biggleswade and Old Warden for the airshows, not sure on the time.

I've not used it but I have provided one for my friend!

EDIT: He says. Just checked the website and there is nothing mentioned. Perhaps drop them an email/ring them?