New Website

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
DanO1978

Re: New Website

Post by DanO1978 »

Orion, you say the Collection is "woefully managed". What evidence do you have of this? I can think of no organisation or venue that is so universally praised?

And MkVDave - do you REALLY think OW would contemplate making controversial changes JUST to spite SVAS?

Orion

Post by Orion »

DanO1978 wrote:Orion, you say the Collection is "woefully managed". What evidence do you have of this? I can think of no organisation or venue that is so universally praised?

The have been a number of financial crises Old Warden over the years, some which have resulted in aeroplanes being lost to the collection and/or the UK. For it to happen as many times as it has must be a severe reflection on the management capabilities at the Shuttleworth Collection.

Regards

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Orion wrote:The have been a number of financial crises Old Warden over the years, some which have resulted in aeroplanes being lost to the collection and/or the UK. Regards

I've been going to OW for around 15 years now and the only collection aircraft I can recall being sold during that time was the Hornet Moth, a shame as it looked great in camo, but not the rarest type in existence. In the same period they've acquired several aircraft.

What have they lost and what time period are we talking here? Anything last century is surely history now for current management?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

capercaillie wrote:What have they lost and what time period are we talking here?

Was the Demon not auctioned off and now a privately owned resident, rather than a collection aircraft?
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

st24

Post by st24 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
capercaillie wrote:What have they lost and what time period are we talking here?

Was the Demon not auctioned off and now a privately owned resident, rather than a collection aircraft?

The Demon has never been a collection owned machine....
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

That'll be a 'no' then... ;)
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

st24

Post by st24 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:That'll be a 'no' then... ;)

Yes, that's a No.... :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!