Military Pageant Sunday 5th July

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
J.Smith photography

Re: Military Pageant Sunday 5th July

Post by J.Smith photography »

andygolfer wrote:
J.Smith photography wrote:What time would people recommend arriving on Sunday in order to get a spot on the front row?
I know it says gates open at 9 on the Shuttleworth website, but what are the chances of them opening any earlier?
I know you don't need to be at the front at Shuttleworth, but I'd like to also get some take off/ landing shots, hence being at the front would be useful

Cheers,
James

do you ever take the time to thank people for the information they post in response to your request? it would be far less time consuming that it is for those posting the helpful information that you requested. It's only a small matter of courtesy.

BTW I trust the information that was provided so maybe we will see some photos in time.

Sorry, my bad
I was going to, but I never got round to it
I will post photos in time, still sorting through them, took 2000 shots, so its taking me a while
(edit: photos can be found here if you want to take a look: http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68072)
Thanks for all the advice anyway, I am genuinely grateful for it
BTW I arrived at 8:30, straight in, straight to the front, right at the spot that I wanted to be

What an amazing show, Blenheim and Vulcan were amazing
The seafire was also good to see

TigerMeet4Ever

Post by TigerMeet4Ever »

A big thank you to all the Shuttleworth Team for putting up this great show and well organised event :clap: We did enjoyed every single minute of it.

Hugo & Myriam

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

TigerMeet4Ever wrote:A big thank you to all the Shuttleworth Team for putting up this great show and well organised event :clap: We did enjoyed every single minute of it.

Hugo & Myriam

You made it in the end then!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

"Romain Emperor" - Tim Croton reports as a sold out Old Warden welcomes back the Blenheim and bids XH558 farewell.

Image Image Image Image Image

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Very much agree that it was a great show. However in the morning I thought I'd spend some time visiting the birds of prey, but they seem to have gone. Anyone know what's happened to them?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

AlexC wrote:Very much agree that it was a great show. However in the morning I thought I'd spend some time visiting the birds of prey, but they seem to have gone. Anyone know what's happened to them?

They moved out to a new location south of Cardington at the end of 2013, I think.

Certainly a loss to the shows at Old Warden - enjoyed spending some time walking around that exhibit before flying started.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Certainly a loss to the shows at Old Warden - enjoyed spending some time walking around that exhibit before flying started.

So did I! Also watched a display of the birds of prey flying one of the last times I was there which was amazing.

Thanks for the info. :up:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

they have moved to Cotton End, Wilstead about 3 miles away: http://www.englishschooloffalconry.co.uk/

I went there 3 weeks ago for a photography workshop day, great day out and got some good tips and some great pics.
Andy
andygolfer

winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Thanks for that, however much too far away for me to visit. The Hawk Conservancy at Andover is much closer.