Shuttleworth Pageant Airshow - 6th September

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
AlexC

Re: Shuttleworth Pageant Airshow - 6th September

Post by AlexC »

Oh yes, that is pretty pathetic.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

buccs2b

Post by buccs2b »

The comet Racer put in a practice early in the morning before the flying display started, very nice. Appreciate a lot of the audience would have missed this.
I hear gliders

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

buccs2b wrote:The comet Racer put in a practice early in the morning before the flying display started, very nice. Appreciate a lot of the audience would have missed this.

Grrr. Didn't get there until 12.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

buccs2b wrote:The comet Racer put in a practice early in the morning before the flying display started, very nice. Appreciate a lot of the audience would have missed this.

I did see that, but didn't take any photo's (the light wasn't that good at the time) expecting to see her later in the afternoon. The engines sounded really sweet!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

My biggest gripe about the commentator was that he seemed to have no idea of what was taking off next. With aircraft taking off from the far right hand end the only warning to prepare for a photo was as the aircraft passed by, as 9 times out of 10 the commentator was waffelling on about buying tickets for next months show. The man is sitting next to the control tower the least they could do is tell whats the next item cleared to take off.