Deperdussin
Gloster Gladiator
Parnall Elf

http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/dawnshoot/
WG655
UKAR Staff

Re: Dawn Photoshoot - 19th March 2016

Postby tommercer on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 10:20 pm

A very nice idea but out of my price range for such a small event.
tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Postby Saracen on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 10:23 pm

Far too expensive for me as well
Previously known as WATFC and any Similarity to any persons alive or dead is purely coincidental
Saracen

Postby Talldan76 on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 7:22 pm

A great idea, however the line-up seems a little slim considering the price.

The timing is wrong for me personally, coming just after the Nightshoot at Northolt, and the Timeline Events nightshoot at North Weald earlier in the month.

Dan
Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Postby Nwalch on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 6:16 pm

Talldan76 wrote:A great idea, however the line-up seems a little slim considering the price.

The timing is wrong for me personally, coming just after the Nightshoot at Northolt, and the Timeline Events nightshoot at North Weald earlier in the month.

Dan

Not to mention the Timeline Events nightshoot the night before at Yorkshire Air Museum. Its difficult to get the perfect weekend especially as its a balance between doing it as late as possible in winter v doing it before sunrise is too early as the days get longer but I'll be at YAM so will have to give it a miss this time. Hope its a great success and they hold another one next year (hoping to go to the night one in Oct when that comes on sale).
Nwalch

Postby HuwJHopkins on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 8:45 am

Do both! Finish the TLE shoot at 20:30, stay at the Grantham Travelodge 1h45m down the A1, then the 1 hour drive to Shuttleworth the next morning! It should go smoothly, I'll let you know come March...! :grin:

It's worth noting that this event has 7 aircraft and some where as most TLE shoots for example have 2-4 (that's not knocking them!). In addition, this event will require the opening of the site and staff working very early in the morning. Hardly going to be sold at £20 a ticket is it?
HuwJHopkins

Postby capercaillie on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 11:57 am

Its a shame the birds of prey centre has moved. They could have run a nightshoot with strategically placed owls to add authenticity to the time of day. Try a Ural Owl on the Polikarpov or a Sooty Owl on the Comet to make it look like it just arrived in Melbourne. :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Nwalch on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 5:51 pm

HuwJHopkins wrote:Do both! Finish the TLE shoot at 20:30, stay at the Grantham Travelodge 1h45m down the A1, then the 1 hour drive to Shuttleworth the next morning! It should go smoothly, I'll let you know come March...! :grin:

I did think of doing that but decided it was too much so I'm doing the Timeline WWI event in April instead. Hopefully see you at YAM. I'll bring the proplus :smile:
Nwalch

Postby HuwJHopkins on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:15 am

Fair enough! I'm sure we will, missed the last Halifax shoot so looking forward to it! If you could bring an IV too that would be grand. I'll be at Stow in April too, for my sins.
HuwJHopkins

Postby Slappywag on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 11:54 am

Saracen wrote:Far too expensive for me as well

Indeed. A quite ridiculous amount of money to be up at the crack of sparrow to shoot a couple of biplanes. :dunno:
Slappywag

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 6:50 pm

Its a shame the birds of prey centre has moved. They could have run a nightshoot with strategically placed owls to add authenticity to the time of day. Try a Ural Owl on the Polikarpov or a Sooty Owl on the Comet to make it look like it just arrived in Melbourne.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I love the creativity in your theming there Mr C.

Seriously, I wish as much effort went into organising some day shoots for a change. OK, so operational aircraft with spinning props, strobing lights and a lick of flame do make a good shot but this night shoot fad is going a bit far. Am I the only one who would appreciate all this effort going into some photo ops in, dare I suggest it, broad daylight?
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby st24 on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:21 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:. Am I the only one who would appreciate all this effort going into some photo ops in, dare I suggest it, broad daylight?

Definitely not Nige but I fear us diurnal types are a dying breed, plus there's more easy money to be made on night shoots...

capercaillie wrote:They could have run a nightshoot with strategically placed owls to add authenticity to the time of day

So what time of day is night?!? :dizzy: :ninja: :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby capercaillie on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:08 am

WG655 wrote:Sopwith Pup & SE5a
Bristol F2.b with Hucks Starter
Avro 504k with Crossley and Triumph SD
Deperdussin
Gloster Gladiator
Parnall Elf

Is that a definitive list for the dawn event, I take it nothing else is dew? :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby AMB on Sat 27 Feb 2016, 12:04 am

capercaillie wrote:
WG655 wrote:Sopwith Pup & SE5a
Bristol F2.b with Hucks Starter
Avro 504k with Crossley and Triumph SD
Deperdussin
Gloster Gladiator
Parnall Elf

Is that a definitive list for the dawn event, I take it nothing else is dew? :whistle:

It might dawn on them to cancel it! :tumbleweed:
Adrian
AMB

Return to Old Warden Air Displays