Old Warden Photography

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Old Warden Photography

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

pbeardmore wrote:Is "re-visiting" a way of saying "our first report was wrong" and, if so, airshows for 2013-15 have carried more risk than they should have because these changes were not introduced at that time?

Did anyone (including CAA staff) attending an Old Warden event over the last 3 years think "goodness, thats a bit close, they should be further back over Manner's house?"

Its interesting that we have read the reports etc but its only now when we see the changes "in the flesh" that the true results can be seen. Something is not right here.

These are the points I raised in the link I just gave you, which was dated 11th March.

It's simply a case of finding any justification. At best, the Bronco incident was only loosely related to a public air display, and in the intervening three years the AAIB didn't think it was a cause for concern and were happy for airshows to continue as they were.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

To put these distances into perspective, see this quote from Facebook:

The slower aircraft were closer to the 75m line.

:sleepy:

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

On Sunday I was down at the college end of the crowd line (with the new double fence) as that was the only spot I could get on the fence when I arrived just after 9am. The crosswind forcing the use of the short runway didn't help as didn't the visiting aircraft park right in front of us after we had arrived (couldn't they keep the crowd line clear and park them all further down?) but just wondering in future if I would be better nearer the control tower even if I was back from the fence. Wish I had taken a wonder up there during the display for a look.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

My favourite spot is (or maybe was?) near the control tower, in front of the first row of parked cars. The problem with being on the fence is the obstruction of the parked aircraft, and various bods walking by getting in the way. Much more relaxed close to the front row of cars. The 200mm (300mm equivalent) end of of my 80-200/2.8 was perfectly usable for banking shots 'round the corner'.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP