Did anyone renew their SVAS membership recently?

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Did anyone renew their SVAS membership recently?

Post by Hatstand »

I renewed my membership online, 3 weeks ago but haven't had any response.
Emailed them a few days ago, but again - no response so far.
All I have is an email from Paypal, confirming my payment.

Is it just me?
Goodbye 600D... Hello FZ150!

Re: Did anyone renew their SVAS membership recently?

Post by 5944 »

I haven't received anything either, despite renewing via PayPal as well, about a month ago. I'll pop in tomorrow and see if there's any news. There was some comments on the SVAS Facebook page a few weeks ago about people having problems, but I can't find the post at the moment.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

I renewed a couple of months ago and I still haven't heard anything, very disappointing, how hard is it to send an email to acknowledge people's membership requests?! :down:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

When I re-new my membership the cards are sent out with the March edition of Propswing magazine, whenever they send that out, as membership starts on the 1st March and runs to the end of February the following year.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Post by Hatstand »

5944 wrote:I haven't received anything either, despite renewing via PayPal as well, about a month ago. I'll pop in tomorrow and see if there's any news. There was some comments on the SVAS Facebook page a few weeks ago about people having problems, but I can't find the post at the moment.

I will be interested to hear what the situation is.

Hopefully, they're just getting Prop Swing sorted or whatever, as Brian suggested.

I'm OK waiting, I was just worried in case my renewal didn't go through or something.

JohnF

Post by JohnF »

I renewed on line & did receive an email which thanked me for the donation I included. Not received the membership card yet.

lrv890

Post by lrv890 »

The old membership cards are usually accepted until the new ones are posted out . We called in on Saturday and they let us in without question
Hope this helps
Daren

Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Post by Hatstand »

My new membership card arrived this morning. Along with a copy of Prop Swing :-D

Now I may buy my advance tickets at members rate in full confidence :-D

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Got mine as well.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Thoughtful_Flyer

Post by Thoughtful_Flyer »

Pen Pusher wrote:Got mine as well.

Brian

Likewise.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

I put my membership request in (online) on the 16 March but the paypal payment still hasn't been accepted and I've not heard anything back from them despite sending an email a few weeks ago.

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

Nwalch wrote:I put my membership request in (online) on the 16 March but the paypal payment still hasn't been accepted and I've not heard anything back from them despite sending an email a few weeks ago.

I put mine in about that time and haven't received the card yet. I'm also a member of the photo section which had a meeting last weekend and I sent my apologies via e-mail as I couldn't attend and asked about my card at the same time and got this explanation back as part of the reply which might help others who are puzzled:

The membership card situation is a bit fluid as our membership secretary is in hospital and the person standing in is having some problems

I haven't checked to see if my payment has been taken , I think I used paypal from memory as well. The person who I e-mailed said he hopes to know more this week and I should hear something within 2 weeks so it would appear to be in hand as far as possible. I won't give you his name as it's not his direct responsibility and he probably has enough on his plate. I'm just going to be patient now.

I hope that re-assures those who are wondering what has happened and that there is a genuine reason for the delay which is being managed as well as it can be.

I suppose the only other thing left to do is wish the membership secretary a speedy recovery.

HTH
Andy
andygolfer

winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

southyorkshireman

Post by southyorkshireman »

I would give them a ring. I did last week and was told that they are having problems with their PayPal account. I paid by card over the phone and received card and propswing the next day. Checking my PayPal account I discovered the payment I had made online previously listed as unclaimed, so just cancelled it

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

southyorkshireman wrote:I would give them a ring. I did last week and was told that they are having problems with their PayPal account. I paid by card over the phone and received card and propswing the next day. Checking my PayPal account I discovered the payment I had made online previously listed as unclaimed, so just cancelled it

Thanks. Was getting a bit worried as I wanted to order discounted tickets for the first show which is only a few weeks off. Will give them a ring this week.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

I got this reply from SVAS on Wed so I've put my application through again.

"There was a problem with the old web page and its link to PayPal. The monies were not received by the SVAS, I am told the problem is now fixed and if you renew from the current SVAS webpage it should go through correctly.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused".

Hope that helps anyone else having problems.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Nwalch wrote:I got this reply from SVAS on Wed so I've put my application through again.

"There was a problem with the old web page and its link to PayPal. The monies were not received by the SVAS, I am told the problem is now fixed and if you renew from the current SVAS webpage it should go through correctly.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused".

Hope that helps anyone else having problems.

Cancelled the old paypal payment which hadn't been collected and reapplied on Wednesday. Got an order confirmation email and in today's post my membership pack and card. :smile: :smile: :smile: