Looking for info regarding Shuttleworth Airshows

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
danspuggti

Looking for info regarding Shuttleworth Airshows

Post by danspuggti »

Hi folks, I wonder if someone could help me out.

I'm going to be attending the Fly Navy show at Old Warden next weekend and it'll be my first visit to Old Warden.
I have already booked and printed out my tickets but I'm looking for a bit of info regarding how the show day pans out such as parking arrangements, 'true' gate opening times, best places to view from etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciate :smile:

Thanks,

Dan
Same old sh*t.............just happening on a different day!!!

AFC

Re: Looking for info regarding Shuttleworth Airshows

Post by AFC »

For the season premier show, we arrived an hour before the gates were advertised as opening, straight through with very little queuing. The gates must have opened a while before that however because there was already a relatively large amount of people already inside

Flying starts at 2 (I think), however there's normally some practice displays and arrivals during the morning.

Parking is directly behind the crowd line (no long walk back to the car)

As for best place to view from, I'm not going to tell you where I think is the best place for fear of you arriving before me and stealing my spot :grin: (although I'm sure someone will already be there before I arrive)

Enjoy the show (make sure to bring a big lens, I'd say at least 400mm judging by the last show)

Cheers,
James

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

danspuggti wrote:best places to view from etc.

You'll need a time machine... :wink:

Somewhere near the tower is probably best, as that's where the aircraft are parked and where the crowd line bend is.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

danspuggti

Post by danspuggti »

Thanks for the info James :up:

We're actually visiting IWM Duxford on the Saturday and staying in St. Neots (about 10 mile away) on the Saturday night so arriving early isn't a problem (I arrive early at all shows that I attend).

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
danspuggti wrote:best places to view from etc.

You'll need a time machine for that.

Yes I get that impression from posts in other threads but as I haven't seen the show 'in it's prime' so to speak I'll take it on face value.
Same old sh*t.............just happening on a different day!!!