Any advice for Sunday

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
phreakf4

Re: Any advice for Sunday

Post by phreakf4 »

The only advice I would give is that, unless you are desperate for "runway" shots (take offs and landings) don't bother trying for a space at the front. It is so easy to get good shots of the flying at Old Warden, especially later in the afternoon when the sun which is in front of you during the morning, goes round behind the crowd that I usually stay several rows back (about three rows back in the car parking area but fairly close to the tower). Your view from there will not be restricted by others using long lenses beside you and the venue is unequalled in the UK for "topside" opportunities (if that is your preference). One other word of warning; if you want to get "prop blur" note that some of the based aircraft have very slow-revving props (notably the Bristol fighter, but there are others).

I shall be there tomorrow and provided you can get to Biggleswade station early (about 0800-0830 ish) if you PM me today a lift to the airfield could be arranged.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Shuttle bus details if you haven't already got them.
Shutttle bus
11.30 – leaves from Biggleswade train station
18.00 – leaves Shuttleworth for return journey
Adult – £9.50 return or £5.00 single (pay on the bus)
Children under 16 free

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Tbolt

Post by Tbolt »

aknott68 wrote:phreak - thanks for the information and the very kind offer but I won't be there by that time - the shuttle bus is what I was looking to take - thanks once again

At the moment its a bit touch and go whether I'll be able to make it but I really would like to make it given the weather looks to be really good.

Thanks also for the advice about not trying to get to the front of the display line - to be honest with getting there as late as I might I wasn't expecting to get anywhere near the front...I just hope to get some decent shots of the comet

Finger crossed that the wind isn't as high a forecast otherwise they might not fly the Comet.