Idea for next year

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
Canon

Idea for next year

Post by Canon »

After watching the jet provost display with the piston provost yesterday, I had an idea for an interesting display next year.

How about two piston provosts (the collections one and the one that displayed at Little Gransden), two jet provosts and then two strikemasters? Maybe do a balbo/ formation flypast and then each could do a pairs display (Old warden style, so topsides galore). I would definitely attend any Old Warden event if that was on the list.
Canon 80D
Canon 600D
Sigma 150-600mm C
Canon 70-300mm L
Sigma 18-300mm C

Thoughtful_Flyer

Re: Idea for next year

Post by Thoughtful_Flyer »

Canon wrote:After watching the jet provost display with the piston provost yesterday, I had an idea for an interesting display next year.

How about two piston provosts (the collections one and the one that displayed at Little Gransden), two jet provosts and then two strikemasters? Maybe do a balbo/ formation flypast and then each could do a pairs display (Old warden style, so topsides galore). I would definitely attend any Old Warden event if that was on the list.

I'm sure you would and no doubt it would attract quite a number of enthusiasts. But would it be anything like enough extra people to pay the substantial costs?

It wouldn't have the mass market appeal of the Vulcan Red Arrows or two Lancasters.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

I wouldn't cross the street to see a Piston Provost, personally.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:I wouldn't cross the street to see a Piston Provost, personally.

Harsh there Dan, they're a nice old bus. I'd like to see Shuttleworth's painted up in a proper RAF scheme rather than the export demo colours she's worn for long enough and while they're at it, put the Chippie in a proper scheme as well. :up:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

I'm a big fan of the Provost. It's a nice looking little aeroplane, and so is the Jet Provost. Not sure I'd make an extra special effort to attend based on their inclusion but I'd be happy to see them anywhere.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Canon

Post by Canon »

To be fair I'd attend an OW event regardless of what is flying. Its my closest (and my favourite) airshow venue
I just thought it would be something unique and a bit different.
Plus jets at OW are always great to see.

Also it would mean the piston provost at Old Warden wouldn't do its pointless aerobatic display, and would instead give loads of nice close passes
Canon 80D
Canon 600D
Sigma 150-600mm C
Canon 70-300mm L
Sigma 18-300mm C

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

Nice idea. Love the old Provost and still have great memories of a couple of cadet flights long ago. And haven't managed to see one fly for years.
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

AMB

Post by AMB »

Well it would be a good idea if one of the JPs was Kennet's JP. T.1 from North Weald. When was the last time it flew? A formation of T.1, T.3 and T.5 would be rather nice with the Piston Provost thrown in for good measure.
Adrian