Fly Navy II - 4 June 2017

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
TKK 140

Re: Fly Navy II - 4 June 2017

Post by TKK 140 »

john001 wrote:
5944 wrote:How the hell am I going to be able persuade my girlfriend to let me go to this, as it's 5 days after she's meant to give birth!

The line ups for the rest of the shows are pretty incredible too. I thought Shuttleworth was getting a bit stale, and the CAA restrictions were killing it, but I think I'll be going a lot more this year.

Just don't tell her you are off to see a Foxy Lady

It has to be very doubtful being realistic.

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Not seen todays "oiley rag update" then. It's looking very promising.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

5944 wrote:How the hell am I going to be able persuade my girlfriend to let me go to this, as it's 5 days after she's meant to give birth!

Simply remind her that she's chosen her hobby & you've got yours!.....oh! & not to bother you again until the washing + ironing is done.
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! Add-in that it's positive protection against postnatal depression...you're not there to aggravate her!
Any further discontent can be countered by telling her you gave-up the Meeting « Le Temps des Hélices » 2017 (aka..La-Ferte-Alais) on the same weekend just for her! That's the 'sucker-punch'!
Good Luck to you, it worked for me.
PS:- I'm divorced now! :biggrin:

King Cobra

Post by King Cobra »

The line ups for the rest of the shows are pretty incredible too. I thought Shuttleworth was getting a bit stale, and the CAA restrictions were killing it, but I think I'll be going a lot more this year.

That'll teach you to keep it in your trousers. :)

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

In these days of equality I deplore the idea that anyone in a relationship "lets" someone else do something..... surely she understands your needs as you do hers? :wink:

Put your foot down now and live happily ever after.

Good luck...

John

TKK 140

Post by TKK 140 »

Chris G wrote:Not seen todays "oiley rag update" then. It's looking very promising.

Yes it does, thanks for that link, I really do hope it makes it. One of the best shows last year.

benpk1

Post by benpk1 »

Last year's show was a highlight no doubt - especially pleasing as I only live a mile or so away. A Sea Fury would be great, but fingers crossed for the weather. There's a saying in Biggleswade that if you need a long term forecast on when it is going to rain months ahead look at the Shuttleworth Airshow calendar... Fortunately mostly wrong last year, but aren't all forecasts.

TKK 140

Post by TKK 140 »

FarnboroJohn wrote:

In these days of equality I deplore the idea that anyone in a relationship "lets" someone else do something..... surely she understands your needs as you do hers? :wink:

Put your foot down now and live happily ever after.

Good luck...

John

Comment deleted.
Last edited by TKK 140 on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

I'm sure it was all a bit of light-heartedness.

Let's not take it away from the spirit intended, gents...

TKK 140

Post by TKK 140 »

Tommy wrote:I'm sure it was all a bit of light-heartedness.

Let's not take it away from the spirit intended, gents...

OK, looking forward to similar clarifications in the future.

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

Still no sign of a Sea Fury then...? :smile:

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Roughcutter wrote:Still no sign of a Sea Fury then...? :smile:

I read somewhere that the Navy Wings Sea Fury T20 should be back flying in 2017 so hopefully that will make an appearance.

TKK 140

Post by TKK 140 »

Jakub.Zurek wrote:

I read somewhere that the Navy Wings Sea Fury T20 should be back flying in 2017 so hopefully that will make an appearance.

Very much hope so, if it's not there then there is always another time to look forward too :biggrin:

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

Jakub.Zurek wrote:

The cherry on the icing, fingers crossed... :smile:

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

I don't think the Seafire III landed at Warden last year? Perhaps Richard Grace could display that first, nip back to Weald/Sywell and pick up CBEL for a later slot......

:heyhey:
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

centaurus18 wrote:I don't think the Seafire III landed at Warden last year? Perhaps Richard Grace could display that first, nip back to Weald/Sywell and pick up CBEL for a later slot......

Or Dave Puleston could display the Seafire like last year leaving Richard to display the Fury :wink:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

stuart n wrote:
centaurus18 wrote:I don't think the Seafire III landed at Warden last year? Perhaps Richard Grace could display that first, nip back to Weald/Sywell and pick up CBEL for a later slot......

Or Dave Puleston could display the Seafire like last year leaving Richard to display the Fury :wink:

If 2015's Cosby display is anything to go by, a Puleston display in the Seafire III gets no complaints from me!

Beech18Boy

Post by Beech18Boy »

Didn't land due to soft grass if i remember correctly speaking to dave a few days after. the boys put on an amazing with the seafire and spitfire or sometimes with a mustang.

AMB

Post by AMB »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Every chance this'll be the finest airshow in the UK in 2017. I'd predict an early sell-out. What a line-up! :clap:

What?? Upstaging RIAT??? :whistle:
Adrian

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

AMB wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:Every chance this'll be the finest airshow in the UK in 2017. I'd predict an early sell-out. What a line-up! :clap:

What?? Upstaging RIAT??? :whistle:

Not really, they're two completely different events as you know full well.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

A Hawker Fury Mk11 has just creeped onto the list, presumably SR661? I'm at LFA that weekend sadly but hope those that go have a cracking time, last years Fly Navy was one of the absolute highlights of the season... And this year it features another of last years highlights. The Fury should look wicked going round the bend! A blinding list!

http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/flynavy/

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

Hoping tickets will still be available on the gate, if the sun shines it'll be show of the year!

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

The line up just got perfect!

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Also they have lost the Seafire XVII but added the Catalina.

timuss

Post by timuss »

What a line up if we could have last years weather that would be just grand :smile:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss