Evening Airshows

Re: Evening Airshows

Postby Mike on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 10:12 am

Elliott Marsh wrote:Worth noting the Snipe and BE2e are scheduled to appear at the July evening airshow (the Saturday of RIAT). Fingers crossed!

...and both have now been granted CAA Permits to Fly within the past few days, so are no longer having to operate on their New Zealand registrations under a temporary CAA exemption. :clap:
Mike

Postby Talldan76 on Sun 09 Jul 2017, 11:18 am

Just bought my ticket for next Saturday (missed the last one :( )
Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Postby svas_volunteer on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 8:49 am

List for Saturday is online

Special ops: Lysander
Biplane Trainers: Po2, Hawker Tomtit, Tiger Moth, Avro Tutor,
Blackburn B2
Gliders: Fauvel, Kirby Kite, EoN Primary
Fighters: Sea Hurricane 1B
Monoplane Trainers: Chipmunk, Miles Magister x 2
WWI Sopwiths: Pup, Dove, Triplane, Snipe
Lightweights: Hawker Cygnets x 2, Aeronca, ANEC
WWI: BE2e, Bristol F2.b, Bristol M1C, SE5a
Edwardians*: Deperdussin, Bristol Boxkite, Avro Triplane, Blackburn Monoplane

If the weather behaves it should be a good show
These are my individual views and not to be taken as official posts from The Shuttleworth Collection or The SVAS
svas_volunteer

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

Decent list, but no big draw for me like there was at the last show with the Hurricane debut. Probably give this one a miss.

Next big thing I'm on the lookout for is AR501. :love:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Thu 13 Jul 2017, 9:10 am

Sopwiths are the standout on the list.

Three gliders is excessive. One per show should be the maximum, as close to "filler" as we get at OW.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby Ryan. on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 4:06 pm

The Snipe is sat very firmly in the hangars at the moment. :sad:
Ryan.

Postby Talldan76 on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 10:36 pm

A great show today - weather was a bit naff for the first couple of hours, but when that sun came out for the last hour or so...!!!

From the lovely Sea Hurricane opening the show, to the bouncy Comet doing a go round, finishing with the lovely Lysander displaying in the last embers of the dying light.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and it certainly won't be the last Evening show I attend at Old Warden!
Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Postby Ryan. on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 11:08 pm

A good display. The M1c had a bit of moment, clipping the hedge before landing but happily down safe.

However much I love Shuttleworth, and that's a lot of as a venue, it does irritate that they simply don't explain cancellations, aircraft go tech (especially old ones) but the Sopwith Snipe was to be the highlight of the show for me and not a mention as to why it didn't display. It really wouldn't hurt to run through why, even if it is just as simple as, "the Snipe has unfortunately gone tech".
Ryan.

Postby MUSTANG on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 9:16 am

Ryan. wrote:A good display. The M1c had a bit of moment, clipping the hedge before landing but happily down safe.

However much I love Shuttleworth, and that's a lot of as a venue, it does irritate that they simply don't explain cancellations, aircraft go tech (especially old ones) but the Sopwith Snipe was to be the highlight of the show for me and not a mention as to why it didn't display. It really wouldn't hurt to run through why, even if it is just as simple as, "the Snipe has unfortunately gone tech".

It was mentioned that the Snipe would not bit taking part during the start of the display..

Peter
MUSTANG

Postby Ryan. on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 8:55 pm

MUSTANG wrote:
Ryan. wrote:A good display. The M1c had a bit of moment, clipping the hedge before landing but happily down safe.

It was mentioned that the Snipe would not bit taking part during the start of the display..

Peter

Must have missed it. Did they happen to mention why?
Ryan.

Postby MUSTANG on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 6:51 pm

Ryan. wrote:
MUSTANG wrote:

Peter

Must have missed it. Did they happen to mention why?

No just that it was sick, going by the blanket and metal trays underneath it so sort of oil leak. I was also looking forward to seeing it fly, fingers cross it may appear at a later show.

Peter
MUSTANG

Postby MiG_Eater on Tue 08 May 2018, 8:42 am

Anybody know what we can expect for the evening show in a couple of weeks? Will the Spitfire Mk.V be ready?
MiG_Eater

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Tue 08 May 2018, 6:25 pm

Initial planned line up is up on the website for the first evening show:

Avro Lancaster (flypast)
Hawker Sea Hurricane 1B
Hawk Speed Six
Pitts Special
Supermarine Spitfire Vc (TBC)
Schneider SF38 (EoN Primary)
Fauvel AV-36 Glider
Comper Swift
Parnall Elf
Desoutter I
Southern Martlet
Westland Lysander
Polikarpov PO2
Piper Super Cub
DHC Chipmunk T.22
Miles Magister X2
DH82a Tiger Moth
Hawker Tomtit
Avro Tutor
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Camel
Bristol F2B Fighter
RAF SE5a
Sopwith Triplane
DH88 Comet
Percival Mew Gull
Blériot XI
Avro Triplane
Bristol Boxkite
Deperdussin
Blackburn Monoplane Type ‘D’
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby Ian G on Tue 08 May 2018, 7:48 pm

Lancaster again?!! Think I'll wait and see what the weather is like
Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Tue 08 May 2018, 8:36 pm

Ian G wrote:Lancaster again?!! Think I'll wait and see what the weather is like

Exactly my thoughts. Would love a repeat of that first topside but in the later evening light.
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Wed 16 May 2018, 9:58 am

Has the Spitfire had many flights since the last show? Weather looks good for the weekend but without the Spitfire I'm torn...
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Wed 16 May 2018, 10:23 am

I'll probably go to this one, as the chances of golden evening sun look strong given the forecast. Would be great if the Spitfire does make it - I see it was faffing about doing air-to-airs the day following the last show, so hopefully that means that the testing that should take priority had been completed...
Dan O'Hagan

Postby rdchawk on Thu 17 May 2018, 9:43 am

Latest on the spitfire is that relevant paperwork is due in imminently, meaning that it's hoped to debut Saturday evening.
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Tom105 on Thu 17 May 2018, 5:17 pm

Call on the spitfire will be made on Saturday morning according to Shuttleworth on twitter. Also the M1c, camel and triplane will fly together for a Northern Aeroplane Workshop set piece.
Thomas
Tom105

Postby vintage ATCO on Fri 18 May 2018, 9:13 am

The Spitfire has been confirmed on the Shuttleworth May Evening Airshow page on FaceBook.
Last edited by vintage ATCO on Fri 18 May 2018, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
vA
stevelevien.com
vintage ATCO

Postby Aquarious on Fri 18 May 2018, 9:15 am

Yes, just saw that, tickets purchased. :clap:
Aquarious

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 18 May 2018, 9:28 am

Sold!
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 18 May 2018, 9:34 am

If it flies late-ish in the programme, with the forecast weather, the lighting could be absolute airshow perfection!

Shuttleworth, we know you read these forums, put it up around 7pm please... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Really looking forward to this.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 18 May 2018, 9:38 am

Dan O'Hagan wrote:If it flies late-ish in the programme, with the forecast weather, the lighting could be absolute airshow perfection!

Shuttleworth, we know you read these forums, put it up around 7pm please... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Really looking forward to this.

Copious amount of topside passes too please. :biggrin: :love:
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Seamus on Fri 18 May 2018, 9:51 am

Looking forward to this, my first proper evening show. Hard to stay away with such a good forecast, the confirmation of the Spitfire is the icing on the cake :cool:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners
Seamus

PreviousNext

Return to Old Warden Air Displays