ATI92 Lively departures + 16 RAF Phantoms

Photos older than five years old (preferably much older)
Mad Dan

ATI92 Lively departures + 16 RAF Phantoms

Post by Mad Dan »

TomG has pretty much stitched up ATI92, but his great series of postings prompted me to delve into the goody bag and come up with some images of a couple of RAF Phantoms departing after the show weekend. And, just for good measure, I thought I might as well tack on another 16 RAF examples at the end. Enjoy...

First away is XV393, featuring rather unusual composite squadron insignia, with No.56's red and white checks astride the roundel and No.74's familiar Tiger on a black fin. This was one of several rather sporty departures on the day in question...

However, when it comes to 'interesting' departures, top honours on the day must surely have gone to RAF Germany's gorgeous blue Phantom XV408. It was one of those days when you just can't help but keep your finger on the shutter release button and hope for the best... I originally intended to just post one shot, but having looked at the whole sequence, I couldn't resist putting up all four. I don't know who was at the controls, but he certainly knew how to leave in style........... It was most definitely a 'WOW' moment...

And, finally, here are 16 RAF Phantoms - eight from No.56 and eight from No.74 performing a flypast at Wattisham in 1992. Hope you aren't too disappointed...

I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

shaggie

Re: ATI92 Lively departures + 16 RAF Phantoms

Post by shaggie »

Stunning !!!!

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

Mad Dan wrote:And, finally, here are 16 RAF Phantoms - eight from No.56 and eight from No.74 performing a flypast at Wattisham in 1992. Hope you aren't too disappointed...

What most would give to see ONE again in the air :(

:clap:
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'

F-86

Post by F-86 »

Superb shots, XV393 along with XT914 were the two airshow aircraft for the final year of the phantoms. They were from 74 sqn which were going to be the last sqn to disband but featured 56 sqn markings to represent the other Wattisham sqn too.

Love the formation shots with XV474 leading.

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

I love that last in the takeoff sequence! :drool: :clap: :clap:

Higgsr71

Post by Higgsr71 »

You can go off people you know Lindsay,

The 408 departure sequence is just plain and simply Phantastic fella, as for Wattisham, well the less said about that the better, one of my biggest regrets.

Keep em coming

Cheers
John

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

They are simply stunning...also bring back some very happy memories too...thanks for posting.
the Blue F4 deparure shots are superb.
Cheers,
Neil.

planejunky

Post by planejunky »

That brings back many memories of my days at WTM, thanks for posting these shots. :smile:
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.