Aardvarks & Ravens

Aardvarks & Ravens

Postby bigcrow on Mon 01 Feb 2010, 3:34 pm

With the slim possibility of an Aussie Pig gracing our shores this year, here is a selection of swingers from my archives, to wet your appetite. Let's hope they make it…

bigcrow

Re: Aardvarks & Ravens

Postby docman on Mon 01 Feb 2010, 5:08 pm

An excellent set. A reminder of how much the UK Airshow scene has changed with no USAF Open Houses now. Fingers crossed for an Australian visitor :clap: :clap: :clap:
docman

Postby Westy on Mon 01 Feb 2010, 5:42 pm

Superb post -Thanks :clap:
Westy

Postby SKYRAIDER on Mon 01 Feb 2010, 6:52 pm

Fantastic set of photos, I've always liked the F-111, they bring back some good memories of times at Upper Heyford, thanks for sharing these,
Rob
SKYRAIDER

Postby drumsey on Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:59 pm

Best looking jet ever in my opinion.

Wish I had some in my photo collection.

regards

Darren
Canon 30D & 10D
Canon 70-200L F2.8 & 28-105USM
Uniden 3500XLT & BCT15
drumsey

Postby raiford on Mon 01 Feb 2010, 10:38 pm

I think I'm going to cry! :sad:
raiford

Postby Macc on Mon 01 Feb 2010, 10:49 pm

Shot 2 is simply stunning. Oh to see one grace these shores one last time.
Macc

Postby Dollar99 on Tue 02 Feb 2010, 9:07 am

Blimey Stu I seem to have most of those shots in my collection too, even down to 047 taxiing out!! :grin:

I take it the Cannon and Mountain Home birds were at a Red Flag?
Dollar99

Postby raiford on Tue 02 Feb 2010, 5:43 pm

not necessarily as the 27thTFW deployed their F-111D's to Boscombe Down in the good old days, presumably making use of the HAS's in the centre of the airfield there, and subsequently appeared at a few IAT's, and a few MO Ravens were to be seen at Upper Heyford now and again. :smile:
raiford

Postby Dollar99 on Tue 02 Feb 2010, 7:51 pm

raiford wrote:not necessarily as the 27thTFW deployed their F-111D's to Boscombe Down in the good old days, presumably making use of the HAS's in the centre of the airfield there, and subsequently appeared at a few IAT's, and a few MO Ravens were to be seen at Upper Heyford now and again. :smile:

Indeed they did, the 366 TFW Ravens too deployed to Boscombe in 1986, I have the photos :tongue:

However the MO Raven pictured is carrying an ACMI pod and the CC D model totes practice bombs and 'winders and I have similar shots of those configurations at Nellis but not Boscombe :grin:
Dollar99

Postby bigcrow on Wed 03 Feb 2010, 11:14 am

Ian you are correct in that they are both taken at Nellis during a Red Flag back in November 89... As for the 047 shot, that was taken at Heyford June 91, if I remember there was a Kansa ANG KC-135 in the Shamu c/s & a Belgian F-16 depart that day as well?
bigcrow

Postby scotthldr on Wed 03 Feb 2010, 7:47 pm

Now that is an a/c I sorely miss from these shores. The days of them lunch stopping at Lossie nothing but a distant memory :sad:
scotthldr

Postby Domvickery on Wed 03 Feb 2010, 9:40 pm

I've only ever seen pigs in australia, i'd love to see one against a cloudy sky :grin: the dump and burn is an amazing sight and even better at night!
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Postby invading rupert on Thu 04 Feb 2010, 7:40 am

must agree, lovely looking aircraft. loved watching them land at lakenheath over the brandon road end
and the 3 ship display in the days when lakenheath had an air show
invading rupert

Postby IanOlder on Thu 04 Feb 2010, 12:56 pm

Some nice shots Stu, always liked Upper Heyford but never got many decent F-111 shots in the days before digital.

Domvickery wrote:i'd love to see one against a cloudy sky :grin:

.....like this!....If we do see one this year I'd prefer sunshine I think
IanOlder

Postby Dollar99 on Sun 07 Feb 2010, 10:35 am

Stu

Hope you don't mind me adding one. Raven makes a late afternoon approach in 1988

Dollar99

Return to 'Golden Oldies' Photos